Krishna to visit Cuba to further tiesJune 12th, 2012 - 5:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 12 (IANS) Looking to further bilateral relations with Cuba, India’s External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna will be paying an official visit to Havana June 15-17.
During his visit, Krishna will hold discussions with his Cuban counterpart Bruno Rodriguez Parrilla June 15 on bilateral, regional and international issues, a ministry of external affairs release said here Tuesday.
He is also expected to call on Cuban President Raul Castro and other leaders.
The last bilateral visit at the level of foreign minister between the two countries took place in April 2007 when Felipe Roque, then Cuban foreign minister, visited India.
Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh visited Havana for the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit in 2006.
Indo-Cuban relations have been traditionally warm and friendly. India was amongst the first countries to extend recognition to Cuba after the 1959 revolution.
India and Cuba have mutually beneficial cooperation in the field of sports, energy, biotechnology and information technology.
Krishna, during the stay, will also chair the annual Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) Regional Heads of Indian Missions (HOMs) conference in Havana June 16-17.
- Cuban president embarks on China, Vietnam trip - Jul 03, 2012
- Castro's China visit to help speed up Cuban economy (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Krishna juggles US, Cuba visits next week - Jun 08, 2012
- Jimmy Carter visits Cuba over the issue of tension with US - Mar 29, 2011
- Amid sanctions pressure, Iran to pitch for expanded India ties - May 30, 2012
- Cuba, China to enhance military cooperation - Oct 28, 2011
- Raul Castro's daughter launches blog - Dec 23, 2011
- WHO praises Cuba's health care system - Mar 28, 2012
- Ahmadinejad visits Cuba - Jan 12, 2012
- Cuban minister concludes North Korea visit - Sep 06, 2009
- Raul Castro changes key figures in Cuban government - Mar 03, 2009
- With China on mind, India steps up Latin America diplomacy - Jul 10, 2012
- Socialism can't resolve all ills: Fidel Castro (Lead) - Feb 05, 2012
- Chavez returns to Cuba for treatment - Jul 18, 2011
- Algeria, Cuba call for immediate ceasefire in Libya - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: beneficial cooperation, bilateral relations, cuban president, cuban relations, external affairs minister, india indian, indian missions, indian prime minister, indian prime minister manmohan singh, krishna, latin american, manmohan, manmohan singh, ministry of external affairs, nam summit, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, raul castro, rodriguez parrilla, sports energy