Krishna to go to TajikistanJune 26th, 2012 - 8:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 26 (IANS) Intensifying India’s outreach in Central Asia, External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna will go to Tajikistan on a two-day visit next week and will also hold a meeting of the heads of Indian missions from countries in this strategic region.
Krishna will go to Dushanbe, the Tajik capital, July 2-3, external affairs ministry’s spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said here Tuesday.
The visit is aimed at accelerating India’s strategic, economic and energy ties with the region.
With a new focus on people-centric diplomacy, Krishna will hold a meeting of the Indian heads of missions from the Eurasian countries in the Tajik capital.
Over the past few months, Krishna has held such meetings of the Indian heads of missions on a regional basis in Singapore, Cairo, Abu Dhabi, Madrid and Havana.
The visit to Tajikistan underlines India’s renewed drive to scale up its engagement with the Central Asian region.
Early this month, Minister of State for External Affairs E. Ahamed unveiled the “Connect Central Asia” policy at a track 1.5 initiative in the Kyrgyz capital Bishkek, which includes a 12-point roadmap on pro-active political, economic and people-to-people engagement with Central Asian countries.
- Krishna heads to Tajikistan to boost Central Asian ties - Jul 02, 2012
- India to gift e-network to Central Asia - Jun 10, 2012
- Indian envoys' meet: Cyber security, Arab Spring on agenda - Sep 13, 2012
- India unveils ambitious 'Connect' with Central Asia (Comment) - Jun 18, 2012
- India courts Tajikistan to swing Afghan endgame - Aug 31, 2012
- India unveils Connect Central Asia policy - Jun 12, 2012
- Experts advocate 'cooperative geopolitics' with Central Asia - Jan 18, 2012
- India eyes larger regional role with SCO membership - Jun 15, 2011
- Krishna goes to Singapore for people-centric diplomacy - Mar 07, 2012
- Shinde to represent India at SCO summit - Nov 23, 2010
- Indian Army chief talks defence relations with Uzbekistan - Nov 19, 2011
- Britain to help Kyrgyzstan in army reform: official - Aug 27, 2011
- Kyrgyzstan seeks India's support for elections - Aug 05, 2011
- Clinton's visit a big event for Tajikistan - Oct 23, 2011
- Be responsive to expat's needs, Krishna tells Indian missions - Jun 27, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, ahamed, asia policy, asian countries, bishkek, central asia, central asian region, diplomacy, external affairs minister, external affairs ministry, indian missions, krishna, kyrgyz capital, minister of state, new focus, regional basis, roadmap, spokesperson, tajik capital, track 1