Krishna meets Israeli envoy, assures full support in probe (Lead)February 15th, 2012 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 15 (IANS) Two days after a terror attack on an Israeli embassy car, External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna met Israel’s ambassador Alon Ushpiz and assured him of India’s full support in probing the incident which Tel Aviv blames on Iran.
Krishna is understood to have conveyed to the Israeli envoy that investigations are progressing and stressed that India does not have any evidence so far to link any individual, entity or country to Monday’s attack.
The Israeli envoy said he has been assured of India’s full support in investigating the incident.
“The support we get from the Indian people and India is heartwarming. We will do whatever we can to enhance bilateral relations between India and Israel,” said Ushpiz.
Israel has blamed Iran for the attack. Iran has rejected the allegation.
Krishna also said that as requested by Israel, it will provide extra layers of security to the Israeli mission and its employees, said official sources.
“India has agreed to provide more security. Indian security agencies are working with the Israeli side to provide additional layers of security it needs,” official sources said here Wednesday.
The Delhi Police is understood to have tightened the security of the Israeli embassy staff in Delhi.
Indian investigators are currently examining records of 115 phone calls made to Iran, Israel and Lebanon from Delhi for clues in the Monday bomb attack on an Israeli embassy vehicle which injured four people, including Tal Yehoshua (40), wife of a Israeli defence attache.
An unidentified motorcyclist attached an improvised explosive magnetic device to the Israeli embassy car which exploded into flames.
- Car attack: Krishna meets Israeli envoy, assures security - Feb 15, 2012
- India assures Israel full support in probe, no Iran link (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- India assures Israel full support in probe, plays neutral (Roundup) - Feb 15, 2012
- Terrorist was 'very well trained', says India (Roundup) - Feb 14, 2012
- India to provide extra security for Israeli mission - Feb 15, 2012
- Terrorist was 'very well trained', says Chidambaram (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Bomber was 'very well trained': India (Intro Roundup) - Feb 14, 2012
- We don't accept or deny Israelis allegations: Iran - Feb 15, 2012
- Diplomat car bombing: Iran to consider India's probe plan (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Israel embassy security beefed up - Feb 15, 2012
- Blast in Israel embassy car injures four, Iran blamed (Intro Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Diplomat attack: Iran refutes Israel's charge - May 31, 2012
- Israeli victim saw Delhi bomber - Feb 14, 2012
- Phone calls made to Israel, Iran, Lebanon being examined (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Israeli embassy car targetted in Delhi, four injured in blast (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012