Krishna-Godavari gas basin case adjourned till Oct 6September 30th, 2008 - 8:19 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 30 (IANS) The Bombay High Court Tuesday adjourned the hearing of a dispute between Reliance Industries (RIL) and Reliance Natural Resources Ltd (RNRL) till Oct 6.The new bench of Bombay High Court of Justice S.J. Kathawala and Justice J.N. Patel would now be replaced by the earlier one comprising Justice K.K. Tated and Justice J.N. Patel, as the bench might have to hear the case afresh.
The dispute revolves around a pact between RNRL and RIL on which firm has the rights over the gas supplies and at what price.
The earlier interim order, in which the court restrained RIL from selling gas or from entering into any contract with a third party, has lapsed. RIL was subsequently planning to start production from the basin.
The court had also restrained RIL from entering into contracts to sell the gas from this basin - known in official jargon as KG-D6 gas - with companies other than RNRL and the state-run National Thermal Power Corp (NTPC).
It had also asked the two sides to settle the dispute within four months, but an agreement could not be arrived at within the stipulated timeframe.
RNRL has claimed at least half of the 80 million standard cubic metres of gas per day that is envisaged from the fields off the Andhra Pradesh coast - said to be the country’s biggest source of hydrocarbons currently.
- Anil Ambani firm wins legal tussle over gas supply (Lead) - Jun 15, 2009
- Supreme Court reserves verdict in Reliance gas dispute - Dec 18, 2009
- Apex court verdict on Reliance gas dispute Friday morning - May 06, 2010
- Court orders status quo on Ambani dispute over gas - May 06, 2008
- KG basin gas row: SC to deliver verdict today - May 07, 2010
- RNRL ends argument on gas dispute with plea for comprehensive solution - Dec 16, 2009
- Even oil ministry said RIL has full gas marketing freedom: RNRL - Dec 01, 2009
- RNRL seeks bankable agreement on Krishna-Godavari gas - Dec 15, 2009
- Court questions government intervention in Ambanis' case - Oct 16, 2008
- Krishna-Godavari gas not for Dadri alone: RNRL - Dec 03, 2009
- Bombay High Court resumes KG-Basin gas row hearing - Oct 06, 2008
- Oil ministry has compromised NTPC's rights: RNRL (To go with: Court agrees high gas price will push power, fertiliser costs) - Dec 02, 2009
- Hearing on dispute over Reliance gas adjourned till Wednesday - Jul 22, 2008
- Apex court verdict on Krishna-Godavari gas dispute likely Friday - May 05, 2010
- Timeline of Reliance Krishna-Godavari gas dispute - May 07, 2010