Krishna cancels trip to PolandApril 16th, 2010 - 9:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 16 (IANS) External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna has cancelled his trip to Poland to attend the funeral of president Lech Kaczynski because of poor flying conditions in Europe, officials said Friday.
Krishna was to leave New Delhi Saturday and represent India at Sunday’s funeral. But the visit was called off because of major disruptions to air traffic on account volcanic ash clouding the skies over Europe.
India’s ambassador in Warsaw will represent New Delhi at the funeral.
But reports from Warsaw say the funeral itself might get postponed. Kaczynski and scores of Polish military and political leaders were killed in an air crash in Russia April 10.
- Krishna cancels trip to Poland (Lead) - Apr 16, 2010
- President Obama cancels Polish funeral trip - Apr 18, 2010
- Polish president, wife given emotional farewell - Apr 18, 2010
- Polish airspace safe despite Iceland volcano eruption - May 24, 2011
- Thousands pay homage to Polish plane crash victims - Apr 17, 2010
- Ash spreads south as Europe air shutdown causes havoc - Apr 18, 2010
- Volcanic ash further hampers European air traffic (Lead) - Apr 18, 2010
- Russia coach Advocaat unconcerned at Warsaw protests - Jun 03, 2012
- Prince Charles will not travel to funeral of Polish president Kaczynski - Apr 18, 2010
- World leaders cancel trip to Poland - Apr 18, 2010
- No changes in Russia-Poland relations after plane crash report - Aug 04, 2011
- Dalai Lama expresses grief over death of Polish president - Apr 12, 2010
- Russia sends Poland files on presidential plane crash - Apr 07, 2011
- Indian community mourns death of Polish president - Apr 10, 2010
- S.M. Krishna to attend Polish president's funeral - Apr 15, 2010