KPMG to help businesses adopt global accounting normsFebruary 4th, 2009 - 5:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 4 (IANS) With corporate governance and accounting norms coming under the scanner following the $1.43-billion Satyam scam, global consultancy and accounting major KPMG Wednesday announced the launch of an initiative to help Indian businesses conform to international accounting standards.KPMG’s initiative - a web-based platform called the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Institute - is designed to assist various stakeholders in the planned convergence from Indian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to IFRS.
“The conversion from Indian GAAP to IFRS will impact all stakeholders, be it corporate preparers, audit committee and board members, auditors, regulators, investors, analysts and even the public at large,” said KPMG’s head of accounting advisory services Jamil Khatri.
“Companies considering conversion to IFRS will need to be prepared to respond to regulatory developments regarding implementing IFRS. Currently, there is lack of clarity on several regulatory matters that would impact implementation,” he added.
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India had earlier decided to fully converge with IFRS from April 1, 2011 for listed entities and other public interest entities such as banks, insurance companies and large entities subject to approval of the government and other legal and regulatory authorities.
India has time till 2011 for shifting from GAAP to IFRS.
- IFRS will be implemented from April 1: Khurshid - Jan 04, 2011
- G-20 Summit Declaration - Jun 20, 2012
- IFRS will boost investors' confidence: Mukherjee - Nov 27, 2010
- Infosys net up 33 percent in third quarter - Jan 12, 2012
- Wipro net profit up 10 percent in third quarter - Jan 20, 2012
- Infosys net profit up 9.7 percent in fiscal 2010-11 - Apr 15, 2011
- Infosys ups fiscal guidance on robust growth - Jan 12, 2012
- Wipro battles to grow in volatile market (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Media, entertainment industry grew 12 percent in 2011 to Rs.729 bn - Mar 11, 2012
- Wipro net flat in second quarter - Oct 31, 2011
- Infosys ups guidance for fiscal 2011 on strong growth - Oct 15, 2010
- Corporates to have new accounting system in 2011 - Mar 28, 2010
- Infosys projects double digit growth for fiscal 2011 (Lead) - Apr 13, 2010
- Company law to be amended in budget session - Jan 13, 2010
- National Conference on IFRS to begin today - Sep 05, 2008