Kothari ousts Habib to make last 8June 21st, 2012 - 8:52 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 21 (IANS) Kolkata’s Sourav Kothari held off a late surge from top seed and local hero Rafath Habib to win 4-2 and enter the quarter-finals of the Kences Constructions - ASCA international snooker tournament here Thursday.
Kothari goes up against Hong Kong’s Andy Lee who overcame R. Yotahruck from Thailand 4-1 while National champion Aditya Mehta outclassed Divya Sharma 4-0 to set up an intriguing clash with Thailand’s Noppon Saengkham who edged past Rupesh Shah 4-3.
The results (pre-quarter-finals):
Sourav Kothari bt Rafath Habib 4 - 2; Andy Lee (Hong Kong) bt R Yotahruck (Thailand) 4 - 1; Aditya Mehta bt Divya Sharma 4 - 0; Noppon Saengkham (Thailand) bt Rupesh Shah 4 - 3; Laxman Rawat bt Shabaaz Khan 4 - 0; Kamal Chawla bt Manan Chandra 4 - 1.
- Saengkham sizzles en route to last 16 - Jun 20, 2012
- Snooker: Sourav Kothari waltzes into final - Jun 23, 2012
- Kothari, Chawla enter final of ASCA Snooker (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Mehta survives a scare in snooker tournament - Jun 19, 2012
- Chawla cracks 122 for easy win in snooker event - Jun 18, 2012
- World Champion Ayouri to play in Chennai snooker event - Jun 16, 2012
- Advani leads way into pre-quarters of National Snooker - Feb 02, 2012
- Chopra joins centurions list in National Snooker - Feb 01, 2012
- Mehta sparkles with 134 break at National snooker - Jan 31, 2012
- Ishpreet upsets Joshi in All-India Snooker - Aug 07, 2012
- Merchant bows out in All India Snooker - Aug 08, 2012
- Lee rallies into semis of All India Snooker - Aug 09, 2012
- Kohli shocks Jain in All India Snooker meet - Aug 06, 2012
- National Snooker: All qualifiers make knock-out stage (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Pahuja stuns Gandhi All India Snooker - Aug 05, 2012
Tags: aditya, andy lee, chennai, clash, constructions, habib, june 21, kamal, kolkata, kothari, late surge, local hero, manan chandra, mehta, national champion, quarter finals, rawat, snooker, sourav, win 4