Konkan Railway route to normalise ThursdayJuly 19th, 2011 - 3:17 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, July 19 (IANS) Traffic on the Konkan Railway route, which has been affected by landslides in Maharashtra, will normalise by July 21, the company said Tuesday.
Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) is working overtime to restoring the landslide affected track at Ratnagiri in Maharashtra, 150 km from here, the company’s public relations officer Baban Ghatge said.
“There are 25 rubble-lifting machines and 150 labourers with engineers who have swung into action but torrential rains are preventing them from approaching the affected site,” Ghatge said in a statement.
The restoration process was proceeding on a war-footing and trains on the route were either being diverted or cancelled or passengers on board the stranded trains were being transshipped wherever possible, he said.
Two massive landslides happened between Ratnagiri and Nivsar, in the Ratnagiri sector of the KRCL July 17-18. Within a week, torrential rainfall of approximately 600 mm has been received in the Konkan region.
The Konkan Railway route passes through four states - Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka and Kerala.
- Landslides disrupt Konkan Railway traffic - Jul 18, 2011
- Landslide hit Konkan rail services - Aug 18, 2010
- Traffic on Konkan rail route resumes after 12 hours (Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
- Heavy showers disrupt traffic on Konkan rail route - Jun 17, 2011
- Landslide blocks Konkan Railway, thousands stranded - Aug 30, 2011
- Konkan train services restored - Jun 19, 2011
- Heavy rains and landslide disrupt Konkan rail services - Sep 03, 2011
- Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express halted on bomb scare - Jun 20, 2012
- Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express halted on bomb scare (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Heavy showers disrupt traffic on Konkan rail route (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Heavy rains hit trains in coastal Maharashtra - Jul 25, 2010
- Rains hit Konkan Railway services - Jul 17, 2011
- Landslide disrupts Konkan Railway traffic again - Jul 22, 2011
- Heavy rains disrupt life, rail links in coastal Maharashtra - Jul 24, 2010
- Train services yet to be restored in northeast - Jun 10, 2012
Tags: baban, corporation limited, four states, goa, july 17, karnataka, kerala, konkan railway corporation, krcl, labourers, landslide, massive landslides, panaji, public relations officer, railway route, rainfall, ratnagiri, rubble, torrential rains, war footing