Konkan Railway enters 22nd year of operationOctober 16th, 2011 - 2:58 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 16 (IANS) Konkan Railway, the 760-km line linking Maharashtra, Goa and Karnataka, has entered its 22nd year of operations, an official said Sunday.
On the foundation day celebrations Saturday, an exhibition of rare photographs was organised.
They depicted the journey right from its inception, the construction phase, challenging projects, train operations and the beauty of the Konkan region.
On the occasion, three special awards were given to KRCL employees.
Awards were also declared for 75 employees for their meritorious services at the headquarters in Nerul area of Navi Mumbai.
KRCL is currently constructing a 73-km stretch of Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla rail link project of Jammu and Kashmir. The line will have about 60 km of tunnels and over five kilometer long bridges.
- IVRCL bags Rs.972 crore-worth orders - Oct 31, 2011
- India's longest rail tunnel opened in Kashmir - Oct 14, 2011
- Rs.19,000 crore approved for J&K; rail line - Jan 04, 2012
- HCC to build Rs.1.62 bn railway tunnel - Apr 05, 2012
- Good roads, railways vital for J&K;: Omar Abdullah - Sep 10, 2012
- Maharashtra to share 50 percent cost of two railway projects - Mar 08, 2012
- Brazil revives bullet-train project - Aug 24, 2012
- Rail link to Kashmir Valley may have to be realigned - Feb 15, 2009
- Himachal to construct two mega tunnels - Jul 27, 2012
- Metro Man Sreedharan switches tracks, retires Saturday - Dec 30, 2011
- Italians protest high-speed rail link to France - Jul 04, 2011
- Mumbai's urban tunnel to be ready by January 2013 - Aug 24, 2012
- KRCL invites global EoI to market sky bus - Oct 04, 2010
- Delhi Metro to dig deeper for tunnels in third phase - Jun 15, 2011
- China to build world's fastest 510-km-long intercity high-speed rail line - Nov 02, 2010
Tags: bridges, celebrations, construction phase, exhibition, foundation day, goa, inception, jammu and kashmir, journey, karnataka, kashmir, konkan railway, krcl, maharashtra, meritorious services, rare photographs, special awards, srinagar, train operations, tunnels