Kolkata rape: Accused declared proclaimed offenderApril 15th, 2012 - 11:16 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 15 (IANS) Kader Khan, absconding prime accused in the alleged rape of an Anglo-Indian woman in a moving car here in February, has been declared a proclaimed offender by a city court, police said Sunday.
The detective department of police had sought permission from a city court to declare Khan a proclaimed offender and the permission was granted two days ago, an official said.
A notice has been issued asking Kader Khan to surrender before the court in 30 days. “If he fails to do so in the stipulated time, police can take further action against him including attaching his property,” he said.
Police will also release photographs of Khan in newspapers seeking information about his whereabouts, he added.
The victim, a mother of two, was allegedly raped at gunpoint in a moving car in the early hours of Feb 6 by a gang of five after picking her up from Park Street area.
Police have arrested Nasser Khan, Nishat Alam alias Ruman Khan and Sumit Bajaj. However, Kader and another accused Johnny are still evading arrest.
- Kolkata rape: Three sent to judicial custody - Mar 03, 2012
- Kolkata rape: Police custody for three accused till March 3 - Feb 19, 2012
- Kolkata rape: Suspect's fiancee offers help to police - Feb 21, 2012
- Three held for raping Kolkata woman in moving car (Second Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Two held for raping Kolkata woman in moving car (Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Alleged Kolkata rapist sent to police custody - Jun 09, 2012
- Rape case handling shows Mamata in poor light (Lead, West Bengal Newsletter) - Feb 19, 2012
- Kolkata rape: 'Misbehaving' policemen removed from duty - Feb 21, 2012
- Woman raped inside moving taxi in Kolkata, attacker held - Jun 08, 2012
- Two held for raping Kolkata woman in vehicle - Feb 18, 2012
- Kolkata rape: Governor defends Mamata - Feb 23, 2012
- Court nod for seizing Rajasthan cop's properties - Aug 20, 2011
- Rapist evading arrest held - Feb 08, 2011
- Suspended IPS officer's judicial custody extended - Feb 29, 2012
- Murderer evading arrest for last 20 years held - Feb 22, 2011
Tags: absconding, alias, alleged rape, bajaj, detective, evading arrest, gang of five, gunpoint, indian woman, kader khan, moving car, nasser, newspapers, photographs, proclaimed offender, sumit, time police