Kolkata constable held for murdering sister-in-lawFebruary 1st, 2011 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 1 (IANS) A police constable was arrested here Tuesday on charges of murdering his sister-in-law, with whom he had an illicit affair, police said.”Chandan alias Sayed Kalimuddin (26) was arrested following a complaint lodged by his sister-in-law Rojina Bibi’s (28) family member,” said South 24 Parganas Police Superintendent L.N. Meena.
“Kalimuddin was arrested from Alipore Police Training School where he was undergoing training after being recruited as a constable in Kolkata Police. He was later presented before the Alipore Court and remanded in police custody for seven days,” Meena said.
According to police, Kalimuddin had an illicit affair with his elder brother’s wife Rojina. After being recruited as a constable, he had assured Rojina that he would settle down with her in the city.
Rojina had a fight with her husband Nov 27 and fled from her house in Neogipara in Falta of South 24 Parganas district. She went missing after that and her family members lodged a missing complaint with the police.
According to the police, it was revealed during investigations that Rojina met Kalimuddin at Alipore Police Training School on Nov 27 and after that they went to a playground at Falta, where he beheaded her.
- Probe launched after woman paraded in Bengal - Jan 20, 2011
- Police made a mistake by firing: Mamata - Dec 02, 2011
- One held for killing youth who protested sister's abusers - Feb 17, 2011
- MCD employee poisons relative, arrested - May 04, 2012
- Three held for killing youth protesting abuse of sister - Feb 26, 2011
- Maoists kill two women in Bengal - Mar 26, 2011
- Kolkata police yet to arrest two men for youth's killing - Feb 19, 2011
- Three Indian fishermen killed by Bangladeshi pirates - Jan 28, 2012
- Two held for molesting minors in Bengal - Sep 02, 2012
- Man held for murder sent to police custody - Feb 18, 2011
- Cop shoots three of family over old love affair (Lead) - Jun 19, 2011
- Bengal trawler capsize toll rises to 82 - Nov 04, 2010
- Pinki files theft complaint against live-in partner - Jul 15, 2012
- Kidnapped girl freed in Bengal, abductor held - May 14, 2012
- Bengal fishermen, abducted by Bangladeshi pirates, traced - Feb 03, 2012
Tags: alias, bibi, elder brother, family member, family members, illicit affair, investigations, kolkata, meena, playground, police constable, police custody, police superintendent, police training school, seven days, sister in law