Kolkata businessman jailed after live-in model’s suicideFebruary 18th, 2009 - 7:49 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 18 (IANS) A city court Wednesday sent a local businessman to three-day police custody for provoking a model to commit suicide.
City-based model Sanchita Sarkar hanged herself to death at her Jodhpur Park residence in south Kolkata Tuesday. She was in a live-in relationship with businessman Saupayan Sinha, a police officer said.
He said Sarkar had a heated altercation with Sinha Tuesday morning when she came to know that Sinha was already married and was having an illicit affair with her. She later committed suicide.
Sinha was arrested and taken at the Alipore court Wednesday.
- Kolkata constable held for murdering sister-in-law - Feb 01, 2011
- Suicide notes are not gospel truth: Kanda lawyer - Aug 14, 2012
- Two cases of suicide in Gurgaon - May 02, 2012
- IAF group captain held over suicide of sacked woman officer - Sep 12, 2011
- Day after husband's death, wife commits suicide - Oct 06, 2010
- Sick businessman commits suicide - Jan 24, 2012
- Bengal girl commits suicide after sexual harassment - Aug 14, 2012
- Senior official booked for driving employee to suicide - Feb 15, 2011
- Apex court canteen worker commits suicide - Feb 10, 2011
- Married woman found dead, parents suspect murder - Mar 08, 2011
- Delhi woman hangs herself over harassment, husband arrested - Aug 15, 2012
- Bengal scientist gets bail - Apr 17, 2012
- Pinki files theft complaint against live-in partner - Jul 15, 2012
- Security alert in Kolkata following Delhi blast - Sep 07, 2011
- Raids on Kanda's homes, offices continue - Aug 09, 2012