K.J. Mathew is new Kerala chief secretaryJanuary 14th, 2009 - 3:52 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Jan 14 (IANS) K.J. Mathew, a 1975-batch officer of the Indian Administrative Service, was Wednesday appointed the new chief secretary of Kerala. Mathew, currently the home secretary, has been appointed superseding two senior officers. He replaces P.J. Thomas.
When asked why seniority has been overlooked, Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan said his government is interested in people who are committed to the state and not in those who look “upwards”.
Mathew is the fourth official in the post since the Left assumed power in May 2006.
- Chidambaram should quit after court verdict: Achuthanandan - Mar 03, 2011
- Appointing Thomas as CVC shows centre's helplessness: Achuthanandan - Sep 27, 2010
- Government in spot as apex court strikes down CVC appointment (Roundup) - Mar 03, 2011
- I am victim of political cross-fire, Thomas tells apex court - Jan 24, 2011
- Kerala palmolein scam to be re-investigated - Mar 14, 2011
- CPI-M meet from Friday to discuss assembly polls - Mar 03, 2011
- P.J. Thomas is new CVC - Sep 07, 2010
- Thomas ruling indicts PM, home minister: Lyngdoh - Mar 03, 2011
- I am victim of political cross-fire, Thomas tells apex court (Lead) - Jan 24, 2011
- Pradeep Kumar sworn in as CVC - Jul 14, 2011
- CVC fiasco: Prithviraj Chavan is lying, says Kerala CM Achuthanandan - Mar 10, 2011
- CVC row: Chavan meets Sonia (Lead) - Mar 10, 2011
- I will deal with land transfer case: Achuthanandan - Jan 12, 2012
- CVC row: Chavan in Delhi to meet Sonia - Mar 10, 2011
- Kerala special prosecutor in Palmoil case resigns - Feb 16, 2012