Kite-chasing boy electrocuted

January 15th, 2012 - 11:14 pm ICT by IANS  

Jaipur, Jan 15 (IANS) An 11-year old boy was electrocuted here Sunday when he came in contact with a high-tension electricity wire while chasing kites, police said.

The overhead wire was passing merely a meter away from the rooftop of his house in Jhotwara area here, police added.

“The body, Rohit Choudhary, was chasing snapped kites on the rooftop of his house when he accidently came in contact with the overhead wire,” a police officer said.

He was taken to Sawai Man Singh Hospital here by his family and neighbours but doctors declared him dead.

Over 100 people landed up in various hospitals in the city due to accidents during kite flying during Makar Sakranti celebrations over the past two days.

“Many fell off the roof while some others sustained injuries after snapped thread used in kite flying got stuck on their bodies while driving on two-wheelers,” a senior police officer said.

Many NGOs kept collecting bodies of birds which were killed after hitting threads of flying kites in the sky Saturday and Sunday. Many birds who were found injured on the ground were treated by these organisations.

Related Stories

Posted in Uncategorized |

Subscribe