Kishenji’s laptop recovered in searchMarch 20th, 2012 - 10:17 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 20 (IANS) A laptop believed to be that of slain Maoist leader Kishenji as well as a quantity of arms, ammunition, explosives and Maoist literature and documents were recovered in West Bengal’s West Midnapore district during a special search by security forces Tuesday.
According to the police, six powerful improvised explosive devices (IEDs), more than 150 kg of explosives, cartridges, detonators and flash guns, a laptop along with printer were recovered along with some letters and other documents from Gosaibandh in the district which is close to Burishole forest where Kishenji was killed in a shootout Nov 24 last year.
The seized laptop is suspected to be of Kishenji and is believed to provide useful information regarding rebel activities in the state.
“We are verifying if the laptop belonged to Kishenji. We have recovered some cartridges, detonators, medicines and other documents in the search. We are also verifying the papers and documents,” Jhargram’s Superintendent of Police Gaurav Sharma said.
- Police comb forests, hunt for Kishenji's aides - Nov 25, 2011
- CID begins probe into Kishenji's death - Nov 26, 2011
- Mamata has killed Kishenji: Varavara Rao - Nov 26, 2011
- Incriminating documents, cash seized from arrested Maoists - Mar 03, 2012
- Security forces gun down a Maoist in West Midnapore encounter - Jan 04, 2011
- Huge cache of arms recovered from suspected Maoists in West Bengal - Sep 25, 2010
- Maoists kill CPI-M worker in West Bengal - Feb 19, 2011
- Kishenji's niece identifies his body - Nov 26, 2011
- Two sent to custody for aiding Maoist leader - Nov 30, 2011
- Gunfight in which Kishenji died genuine: CRPF - Nov 25, 2011
- Strands of similarity in Azad, Kishenji killings - Nov 26, 2011
- Manhunt for Kishenji in Junglemahal, five arrested - Nov 23, 2011
- Post Kishenji, security forces hunt for Maoists (Roundup) - Nov 25, 2011
- Top woman Maoist Suchitra Mahato headed lethal rebel squad - Mar 10, 2012
- Maoist killed in Junglemahal - Feb 05, 2012
Tags: arms ammunition, detonators, explosive devices, explosives, gaurav sharma, guns, kg, laptop, literature, maoist, medicines, midnapore district, rebel activities, security forces, superintendent, west bengal