Kings of Leon wants Brit awardFebruary 18th, 2009 - 1:29 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 18 (IANS) Rock band Kings Of Leon, which won a Grammy this month, now wants a Brit award as it has a huge fan base in Britain.
According to thesun.co.uk, the band seems to be bigger in Britain than in their native US.
Lead singer Caleb said: “We always knew The Brits was the Grammys of the UK. So we basically knew that was our Grammy. It was always the biggest shot that we had. And I hear the gift bags are much better at The Brits. It will be fun to perform. Playing a concert is one thing but performing in front of loads of jaded artists is different. Hopefully, they will be into it. I can’t wait to see U2 and Coldplay perform. I want to see if our sound stands up to the big boys.”
Drummer Nathan said: “If Bono gives me the evil eye during our performance, he’s in trouble.” Some British fans have even gone to the US to show the band their support.
Caleb added: “It’s getting crazy going home to Nashville now. I’m having to sell my house because they’ve put it on some celebrity homes’ map. There are kids from the UK who go to Nashville and leave me presents. My cousin, who looks after the house, hides them from me - he said I’d be scared. The other day I was there and left the house for a second, and when I got back there were four playing cards, four kings, with all of our names on them in the door. There is an apartment complex across the street and there are people renting the place out and watching.”
- The Wanted rescue fan who fainted - Jul 10, 2012
- Kings of Leon win the Record of the Year at the Grammy Awards 2010 - Feb 01, 2010
- Kings of Leon cancel their Houston concert - Aug 02, 2011
- 'Kings of Leon' to record new James Bond theme song - Jun 24, 2011
- Big hotel rooms, best part about fame: Malik - Aug 17, 2012
- Adele's tunes inspire Stewart - Jun 02, 2012
- Lady Gaga loves the sitar: Fateh Ali Khan (With Images) - Jun 03, 2012
- Metal band Korn sweeps Delhi fans off their feet - Sep 06, 2012
- Underwood wants to change Britain's country music scene - Jun 21, 2012
- Kings of Leon swap music for fashion - Nov 04, 2009
- One Direction announces name of second album - Aug 31, 2012
- Kings of Leon members fight after Brit awards - Feb 20, 2009
- Chris Martin's sleepless nights - Dec 31, 2011
- Blur to receive The Outstanding Contribution nod at the Brit Awards 2012 - Dec 20, 2011
- Andre named hardest working singer - Jan 08, 2011