Kingfisher plane aborts take-off in BangaloreMarch 28th, 2008 - 12:37 am ICT by admin
Bangalore, March 27 (IANS) Kingfisher Airlines’ turbo prop aircraft (ATR) bound for Hyderabad aborted its take-off from the Bangalore airport late Thursday. All 25 passengers onboard were safe, the airline spokesman said. “The pilot of the 50-seater ATR aircraft aborted taking off from the runway after he spotted a stray dog crossing the path at a distance. Barring minor injuries to two persons, all passengers are safe,” an airline spokesman told IANS.
The pilot applied emergency brakes to slow down the plane and averted a major mishap on the runway. The incident happened around 9.55 p.m. The flight had a reject take-off in the commercial aviation jargon.
Meanwhile, an Airport Authority of India (AAI) official said the runway would be blocked for the next two hours as the Kingfisher aircraft was stranded on it.
“Efforts are on to tow away the aircraft and resume operations. The nose of the aircraft is damaged slightly. We had rushed fire engines and rescue teams to attend the stranded passengers,” the official said.
Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) sources said directions were given for the restoring the runway traffic at the earliest.
- Aborted take-off by Air India Express pilot being probed: DGCA - Jan 27, 2012
- Alert pilots save 48 passengers aboard Air India plane (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- DGCA issues fresh directions to airlines - Nov 11, 2009
- Mumbai airport main runway shut till 11 p.m. Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Air Berlin jet slides off runway, no one injured - Jan 03, 2010
- Near-collision of planes averted at Mumbai airport - Apr 19, 2010
- Jet Airways flight aborts take-off - Feb 08, 2012
- Turkish Airlines plane skids; Mumbai airport shut till Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Air India flight skids off runway in Kanpur - Jul 20, 2011
- Major air mishap averted at Mumbai (Lead) - May 27, 2010
- Meghalaya wants probe against pilots flouting safety norms - Jun 17, 2011
- Kingfisher pilots go on strike, five flights cancelled - Jul 10, 2012
- Kingfisher woes force fliers to shift to rival airlines - Feb 20, 2012
- Large aircraft allowed from Patna till Aug 31 - Aug 12, 2012
- BPCL to set up refuelling facility at Shillong airport - Sep 05, 2012