Kingfisher Airlines leads in January market shareFebruary 16th, 2009 - 6:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 16 (IANS) Kingfisher Airlines emerged as the dominant player in January, flying 919,000 passengers, official data released Monday showed.
Jet Airways, along with its low-cost airline JetLite, was next with 837,000 passengers, while state-run Air India followed with 550,000, the civil aviation ministry said.
Kingfisher had flown 11.26 million passengers and captured a 27.6 percent market share last year.
It enjoyed the same market share last month, while that of Jet Airways (including JetLite) was 25.1 percent and Air India (domestic) was 16.7 percent.
Overall, the number of domestic air passengers fell to 3.323 million in January, as compared to 3.326 million in the like month last year, reflecting the cost-saving measures adopted by the corporate sector and individuals alike.
Low-cost carriers accounted for considerably lesser load - IndiGo 457,000, Spice Jet 393,000, and Go Air 81,000.
Regional carriers Paramount accounted for 71,000 and MDLR Airlines 13,000.
- Kingfisher Airlines leads in February market share - Mar 13, 2009
- Kingfisher's market share falls to fifth place in November - Dec 22, 2011
- Domestic January-March air growth at 6.55 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Jet Airways No.1 domestic airline for sixth straight month - Apr 15, 2010
- Air passenger traffic falls for second straight month - Jul 18, 2012
- Jet Airways' market share 26.1 percent in February - Mar 23, 2011
- Jet Airways No.1 domestic airline in February - Mar 15, 2010
- Air India recorded highest number of cancellations in April - May 17, 2012
- Air India recorded highest number of cancellations in May - Jun 18, 2012
- IndiGo becomes third largest domestic airline - Jan 18, 2011
- Jet Airways No.1 domestic airline fifth consecutive month (Lead) - Mar 15, 2010
- Flight cancellations affected over 5,000 passengers in August - Sep 16, 2010
- India's air traffic up 18.3 percent till October - Nov 22, 2010
- Spicejet to fly to Colombo, Kathmandu next month - Sep 07, 2010
- IndiGo most punctual carrier, Jet next - Jul 13, 2009