King of Tonga is deadMarch 19th, 2012 - 4:20 pm ICT by IANS
Suva, March 19 (IANS) King George Tupou V of Tonga died in a hospital in Hong Kong, Website Fijivillage reported here Monday.
The king, 63, was taken to hospital Sunday afternoon and died a few hours later, sources were quoted as saying.
George was crowned as Tonga’s monarch in 2008 following the death of his father in 2006, reported Xinhua.
He was diagnosed with cancer last year and had a kidney removed after a “significant tumour” was located.
- First Parliamentary Elections Held In Kingdom Of Tonga - Nov 25, 2010
- Brit great-grandma beats cancer 5 times to celebrate 100th birthday - Jan 21, 2011
- Saudi King Abdullah names Prince Naif crown prince - Oct 28, 2011
- Fiji to launch drive for voter registration - Jun 15, 2012
- New technique lights up tumour cells during surgery - Sep 19, 2011
- Former Brazil president Lula has cancer - Oct 29, 2011
- Hong Kong seizes $98 million cocaine - Jul 07, 2012
- Tonga's King George V crowned - Aug 01, 2008
- Legendary golfer Seve Ballesteros loses battle with brain tumour - May 07, 2011
- Saudi defence minister dead (Lead) - Oct 22, 2011
- Elizabeth II becomes second-longest reigning British monarch - May 12, 2011
- Ex-Indian origin Fiji PM charged with money laundering - Jul 23, 2010
- India witnessing rise in pancreatic cancer, say doctors - Oct 06, 2011
- Man And Uterine Cancer - Is It Believable? - May 28, 2010
- Scientists develop novel tumour busting technique - Dec 07, 2011