Killer of Indian American CEO arrestedNovember 16th, 2008 - 10:07 am ICT by IANS
Silicon Valley, California, Nov 16 (IANS) Jing Hua Wu, who gunned down Sid Agrawal, the Indian American CEO of a semi-conductor company, along with two of his top officials Friday afternoon, was arrested by the Santa Clara Police Saturday.Jing, 47, now facing triple homicide charge, was arrested by the police Saturday morning outside a business in Mountain View, the neighborhood where the assailant apparently lived. He was let go by the company Friday morning, which the police suspects could have been the main reason for this shooting spree at the office of SiPort Inc in Santa Clara.
Santa Clara Police chief Steve Lodge said the assailant was unarmed and made no resistance at the time of arrest. The arrest followed a massive manhunt launched by the police soon after the shootout Friday afternoon. Following his arrest, Jing was interrogated by police. No details were however available immediately.
The police said Jing has been arrested on charges of killing three top officials of SiPort Inc.
Sid Agrawal, 56, an electrical engineering graduate from IIT Kanpur, was the CEO and director of the company. The other two victims identified by the police included Marilyn Lewis, 67, company’s head of human resources and Brian Pugh, 47, vice president (operations) of the company.
Addressing a press conference after the arrest, Santa Clara Police Chief conceded that the shooting spree has caused “genuine fear in the community”. With global economic meltdown, a lot of people in Silicon Valley are facing job cuts.
- Indian American CEO's killer faces death penalty - Nov 20, 2008
- Indian American shot dead in Silicon Valley (Lead) - Nov 16, 2008
- Indian American CEO shot dead in Silicon Valley - Nov 15, 2008
- Six killed in California family shooting - Mar 30, 2009
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs died of respiratory arrest, death certificate shows - Oct 11, 2011
- China's first bank for technological innovation opens - Aug 16, 2012
- Apple to hold Steve Jobs memorial Sunday - Oct 15, 2011
- 'Property, love, depression behind shooting spree' - Sep 08, 2012
- US aid to transition from cash to electronic form - Aug 25, 2012
- Six dead in US murder-suicide, Indian passport found - Mar 31, 2009
- Indian-American homes targeted in rash of gold thefts in California - Oct 01, 2011
- Silicon Image opens R&D; centre in Hyderabad - Feb 18, 2012
- Indian talent helps Silicon Valley: US think tank - Dec 03, 2009
- Oil washes on to New Zealand shore from grounded ship - Oct 10, 2011
- HP sues ex-boss Hurd over Oracle move - Sep 08, 2010