Kids, women severely burnt as high-tension wire falls on themApril 21st, 2009 - 11:15 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, April 21 (IANS) Three children and three women were severely burnt when a high-tension wire fell on them in the Khoda area of Ghaziabad Monday night, police said Tuesday.
According to officials, the children and the women were sitting on the rooftop of their house when the overhead high tension 11,000 volt transmission wire fell on them, severely burning them.
According to circle officer Rahul Srivastava, Seema, Ruby, Nisha - all aged between 25 to 30 years - and their children Tarun, Himanshu and Priyanshu, while sitting on the roof-top of their house, had rested their legs on the iron grill of the terrace.
As the wire suddenly snapped and fell on the house, the current began to flow in the iron grill and gave them a shock.
The six, critically injured, were rushed to a local hospital from where they were referred to Delhi’s Safdarjung Hospital.
Till Tuesday evening, doctors at the hospital described their condition as critical, police said.
- Three children injured in Delhi house fire - Jan 07, 2012
- Kite-chasing boy electrocuted - Jan 15, 2012
- Three killed in two freak accidents in Rajasthan - Apr 15, 2012
- Rajasthan Police constable electrocuted - Aug 03, 2012
- Delhi-Howrah rail route disrupted - Jan 06, 2011
- 22 injured in Delhi fire - Jun 23, 2011
- Three trucks catch fire, one dead - Feb 02, 2011
- 2 dead, 10 injured due to electrocution in Rajasthan - Mar 19, 2012
- Security guard electrocuted - Jun 24, 2011
- 22 injured as power line breaks, falls on houses (Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
- Eleven women electrocuted in Haryana's Mewat District - Aug 29, 2010
- Nine of wedding party electrocuted in Uttra Pradesh - Apr 28, 2010
- Crow 'derails' train services for nearly two hours - Feb 06, 2012
- Seven electrocuted to death in Jharkhand - Apr 13, 2012
- Child injured in high-tension cable explosion near Pune - Aug 17, 2012