Kids show gets 5 Emmy nominationsOctober 19th, 2011 - 12:20 pm ICT by IANS
San Juan, Oct 19 (IANS/EFE) The Puerto Rican children’s show “Atencion Atencion” has been nominated by the Suncoast Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for five Emmys.
“Atencion Atencion” was nominated Monday in the categories of best programme for children or teens, animation and graphics, as well as sound and music, while host Victor Rivera is in the running for best performer.
Rivera, the musical director for “Atencion Atencion”, told EFE Tuesday that the nominations for the awards, which will be presented Dec 3 in Florida, “exceeded the expectations” of those involved with the show, which has been running for more than 13 years.
“I never thought that the programme would be nominated … I am more and more proud of the work my team is doing,” he says.
Rivera, who began his musical career as a guitarist playing in rock bands, began working to bring a positive message to children by giving workshops to teachers on how to use music in their classes.
While he was offering the workshops, Rivera decided to launch his first independent album, “Atencion Atencion, este juego va a empezar” (Attention Attention, this game is going to begin), which was followed by two more albums that sold more than 50,000 copies.
The television programme is based on the ensemble’s live performances.
- Puerto Rican musician Yomo Toro dies - Jul 03, 2012
- Puerto Rican rapper releases new album - Nov 02, 2011
- Singer Jenni Rivera to have TV programme - Sep 30, 2011
- Ex-Miss Universe resumes acting career after having baby - Aug 04, 2012
- Natalia collaborating with Franco De Vita, Daddy Yankee - Jul 04, 2012
- Cheo Feliciano to join Dominican singer for his new album - Jul 07, 2011
- Feliciano's new CD dedicated to Elvis Presley - Jan 12, 2012
- Grammy-winning band to release new album - Feb 28, 2012
- Ivy Queen thrives in male-dominated reggaeton - Aug 29, 2012
- JLo tops list of world's most powerful celebrities - May 17, 2012
- Ricky Martin nominated for award for `Evita' role - Apr 28, 2012
- Puerto Rican singer studying reality show offer - May 09, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias's new album goes double platinum - Feb 09, 2011
- Reggaeton duo include JLo in upcoming album - Mar 07, 2012
- Wisin, Yandel hope for P.Diddy collaboration on new disc - Aug 17, 2011
Tags: 13 years, academy of television arts and sciences, atencion atencion, attention attention, efe, emmy nominations, guitarist, independent album, live performances, musical career, musical director, national academy of television arts and sciences, puerto rican children, rock bands, san juan, sound and music, suncoast chapter, television arts, television programme, victor rivera