Kidnapping case: Two senior cops transferredJanuary 5th, 2011 - 2:47 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 5 (IANS) Failing to get any breakthrough even 15 after a five-year-old boy was kidnapped from here, police have transferred the two senior officers to police lines.The investigation has also been handed over to the Crime Branch.
Kushpreet Singh was kidnapped from outside his house in Burail village Dec 21. The abductors demanded Rs.10 lakh ransom.
The victim’s family even paid a ransom of Rs.400,000 Dec 22 in the presence of police, but the kidnappers have not released the boy.
According to police, Udayapal Singh, station house officer at Sector 34, and Narinder Singh Patial, in charge of the police post in Burail, had been shunted to the police lines here.
The action was taken as they failed to immediately inform their seniors about the kidnapping.
“They also accompanied the family members to pay ransom to the kidnappers. Even then the kidnappers managed to flee. A departmental inquiry will be initiated,” an officer said.
The Chandigarh administration has announced a cash reward of Rs.100,000 for anyone who provides any clue leading to the arrest of the kidnappers.
The victim’s family has announced a separate cash reward of Rs.100,000.
“We have lost faith in Chandigarh Police,” said Lakhbir Singh, the boy’s father.
- Body of kidnapped boy found, traffic blocked (Lead) - Jan 05, 2011
- Abducted kid's father threatens to commit suicide - Dec 27, 2010
- Tension in Chandigarh after kidnapped boy found dead (Second lead) - Jan 06, 2011
- Five-year-old boy kidnapped in Chandigarh (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Suspended for kidnapped kid's killing, 3 cops reinstated - Jun 24, 2011
- Five-year-old kidnapped in Chandigarh - Dec 23, 2010
- Chandigarh kidnapping case: Three cops suspended - Jan 19, 2011
- Murdered Chandigarh boy's kin return compensation - Jan 20, 2011
- Kidnapped boy found dead in Chandigarh, probe ordered (Lead) - Jan 06, 2011
- Khushpreet murder case cracked, neighbours held - Mar 22, 2011
- Tension continues in Chandigarh after kidnapped boy found dead - Jan 06, 2011
- Chandigarh boy cremated amidst heart-rending wails, moist eyes - Jan 07, 2011
- Abducted Pakistani boy strangled to death - Mar 18, 2012
- Chandigarh Police drawing flak from all quarters - Jan 09, 2011
- Third accused held for murder of five-year-old - May 02, 2011
Tags: abductors, breakthrough, burail, cash reward, chandigarh administration, clue, cops, crime branch, faith, family members, house officer, kidnappers, kidnapping case, narinder singh, police lines, police post, presence, ransom, seniors, station house