Kidnapper of Adobe India CEO’s son arrestedApril 3rd, 2008 - 12:34 pm ICT by admin
Noida, April 3 (IANS) Chattra Pal, the alleged mastermind behind the high profile November 2006 kidnapping of Adobe India CEO Naresh Gupta’s son, was arrested here early Thursday, the police said. Chhattrapal and his accomplices had abducted Gupta’s three-year-old son Anant on Nov 13, 2006, and demanded a Rs.5 million ransom. Anant was found five days later. The police had then arrested Chhattrapal and two more people on charges of kidnapping.
Chhatra Pal had escaped from police custody on Feb 4, while he was being produced before a court.
Following a tip off, police arrested Chhatra Pal early Thursday from Rabupura locality of Noida where he had gone to get money from a friend, officials said.
Gupta claimed that on March 28, Chhatra Pal had threatened to kidnap Anant again. The police denied this but tightened security at the MNC executive’s house here.
- Three get life term for 2006 kidnapping of Adobe CEO's son - Sep 26, 2011
- Three convicted for 2006 kidnapping of Adobe CEO's son - Sep 25, 2011
- Friend murdered Delhi engineer for ransom, buried body (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Delhi engineer murdered by friend for ransom (Second Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Delhi engineer was murdered for ransom, body found - Apr 06, 2012
- Maoists abduct official, three workers - Apr 06, 2012
- Two held for abducting, killing minor - Nov 12, 2010
- Father abducts daughter, arrested - Aug 19, 2011
- Kidnapped Delhi boy rescued, abductors arrested - Sep 20, 2012
- Two teenaged sisters held for cousin's abduction - Oct 03, 2010
- Police nab kidnappers of industrialist, recover money - Oct 13, 2011
- Company executive kidnapped for ransom - Aug 12, 2010
- No mercy for kidnappers of children, says Supreme Court - Dec 05, 2011
- Nepalese ex-minister charged with kidnapping of businessman - Jan 18, 2012
- Bihar student's kidnappers demand Rs.10 mn ransom - Mar 01, 2012