Kidnapped toddler freed within 48 hoursJune 4th, 2009 - 8:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) Delhi Police rescued an 18-month-old child and arrested the kidnapper within 48 hours of the case being registered, an official said Thursday.
Amanullah’s father, who lives in Chandni Mahal area of central Delhi, complained to police Tuesday that his son was missing since Monday.
“We interrogated other employees working in the handicraft unit where the victim’s father used to work. It was found that one of the employees, Mohammad Imran, was missing since the date of incident,” a senior police officer said.
He said the family received a ransom call demanding Rs.500,000 for the infant’s release and the deal was fixed at Rs.200,000, to be paid at the Ghaziabad railway station.
Imran was arrested from the site Wednesday, and revealed that the child was being kept at a house in a village in Gautam Budh Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh, from where police later rescued him.
“Imran, 19, a matriculate who earns his livelihood through labour work, had kidnapped the boy to arrange money for himself to go to Mumbai and settle down,” the official said.
- Cancer victim rescued from kidnappers - Oct 22, 2011
- Minor boy kidnapped, sold for Rs.10,000 - Jul 16, 2011
- Businessman held for kidnapping minor boy - Jul 07, 2011
- Kidnapped Ghaziabad child found, three arrested - Oct 01, 2011
- Three held for kidnapping boy for ransom - May 23, 2012
- Delhi policemen arrested in UP for kidnapping engineer - Aug 08, 2012
- Police nab kidnappers of industrialist, recover money - Oct 13, 2011
- Abducted toddler rescued; maid arrested (Roundup) - Apr 27, 2011
- Kidnapped Delhi boy rescued, abductors arrested - Sep 20, 2012
- Five-year-old boy kidnapped in Chandigarh (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Kidnappers kill six-year-old - Mar 03, 2012
- Kidnapped boy rescued, two arrested - Apr 18, 2011
- Kidnapping bid foiled - Sep 23, 2011
- Minor rescued from kidnappers - Dec 15, 2010
- Kidnapped Delhi toddler rescued, four arrested (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011