Kidnapped Hindu girl embraces Islam, gets marriedAugust 11th, 2012 - 12:51 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 11 (IANS) A 14-year-old Hindu girl who was abducted two days ago has converted to Islam and married a Muslim in Pakistan, a media report said but her distraught father says that she “can never give up on her religion, she has been coerced into doing it”.
Manisha Kumari, 14, is now Mahvish and herself called up her parents from an unknown location and broke the news of her conversion. She claimed it was voluntary as was her love-marriage with a man named Ghulam Mustafa Channa, said Geo News citing reports. It, however, did not explain what type of reports it had accessed.
The girl’s father, Ravet Mal, alleged that her kidnappers have forced her to convert and marry.
“She can never give up on her religion, she has been coerced into doing it,” he told Geo News.
Sanjay Singh, the girl’s uncle, said that her voice wavered on the phone and it seemed as if she was saying all this under pressure.
“She sounded scared on the phone, it’s not what it seems. There were people around her dictating to her, we could hear them giving her instructions,” he said.
Sindh has a sizeable population of Hindus, who are the largest minority community in Pakistan.
- Father, uncle booked for honour killing in Maharashtra - Apr 09, 2012
- 10-year-old Jewish girl allowed to embrace Christianity - Aug 03, 2012
- Forced to marry rapist, girl kills self - Mar 16, 2012
- FIR lodged against former Nazim for forcibly converting Hindu girl to Islam in Pak - Sep 15, 2010
- Melissa Leo changes her story on Oscar ad - Feb 23, 2011
- Kidnapping victim Jaycee Dugard all set to come out with her memoir in 2011 - Sep 28, 2010
- Manisha Koirala Speaks Out On Marriage And Her Dying Relationship With Samrat - Jan 27, 2011
- Court acquits man charged with kidnapping minor - May 11, 2012
- Manisha Koirala denies divorce rumours - Nov 23, 2010
- Bollywood wakes up to women-centric themes - Dec 10, 2011
- BOLLYWOOD STAR SAIF ALI KHAN ON RAMZAN AND RELIGION - Sep 07, 2010
- Manisha Koirala to wed Nepali businessman? - Apr 06, 2010
- Manisha takes to painting, to hold her first exhibition - Dec 07, 2010
- Newlywed found stabbed to death in wedding dress - May 15, 2012
- Will Manisha Koirala regain her glory? - May 14, 2010
Tags: abducted, channa, conversion, distraught father, geo news, hindu, islam, kidnappers, love, marriage, minority community, muslim, pakistan, parents, population of hindus, religion, sanjay singh, sizeable population