Kidnapped Gujarat businessman murderedMarch 22nd, 2008 - 4:53 pm ICT by admin
Ahmedabad, March 22 (IANS) A Gujarat-based businessman has been murdered after a gang of four, led by a debt-ridden film producer, kidnapped him for ransom, the police said Saturday. Bapunagar resident Mansukh Vala, who owned an embroidery factory at Odhav, was kidnapped March 18 and murdered the same day.
The police alleged that the bankrupt producer, Mahesh Patel, plotted the kidnap with his friend Nilesh Rathod, the son of a policeman.
The two also involved Nilesh’s uncle Raju Gohil and another man called Kalu Marathi in the kidnapping drama, Police Inspector in Odhav V.G. Rawal told IANS.
Nilesh, who was arrested, reportedly unfolded the plan to the police.
On the evening of March 18, Nilesh took an unsuspecting Mansukh to discuss a business plan at his house in Naroda, where the three others were already present, according to the police.
Mansukh became suspicious on seeing the others and wanted to leave at once.
The four then allegedly beat up Mansukh till he became unconscious. Fearing that he would complain to the police, they hit him on the head and he died on the spot, the police said.
The body was then thrown into a bush.
The next day, the four gave another twist to their plan and made a call to Mansukh’s family demanding a Rs.5 million ransom.
They told the family that Mansukh was in Mumbai with the kidnappers. The family informed the police and said Mansukh may have been taken to Naroda, a place he visited often.
On reaching Naroda, police learnt about some suspicious activities at Nilesh’s house. Neighbours said they heard cries from there.
Police later quizzed Nilesh, who was pretending to help Mansukh’s family. He broke down during questioning and admitted the crime, the police claimed.
Police have also arrested his uncle Gohil but Patel and Marathi were still at large.
- Teenager kidnapped, killed for Rs.50,000 - Apr 01, 2012
- Kidnapped Andhra schoolboy found murdered - Apr 20, 2012
- Delhi engineer murdered by friend for ransom (Second Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Laila Khan's father dismisses claim on her killing - Jul 05, 2012
- Man kidnapped in Delhi, police sceptical - Nov 23, 2011
- Father, uncle booked for honour killing in Maharashtra - Apr 09, 2012
- Four arrested for planning to kidnap Delhi doctor - Oct 20, 2010
- Third accused held for murder of five-year-old - May 02, 2011
- Friend murdered Delhi engineer for ransom, buried body (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Murdered Chandigarh boy's kin return compensation - Jan 20, 2011
- No mercy for kidnappers of children, says Supreme Court - Dec 05, 2011
- Mystery continues over missing actress Laila Khan (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Khushpreet murder case cracked, neighbours held - Mar 22, 2011
- Abducted Pakistani boy strangled to death - Mar 18, 2012
- Delhi policemen arrested in UP for kidnapping engineer - Aug 08, 2012