Kidnapped Delhi boy rescued, abductors arrestedSeptember 20th, 2012 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 20 (IANS) Two people were arrested in Delhi for kidnapping an eight-year-old boy for a ransom of Rs.5 lakh, police said Thursday.
Umesh and Rajesh Yadav, both 21 years of age and residents of Ghazipur in Uttar Pradesh, were arrested Thursday around 3 a.m.
The boy was rescued safely from their clutches.
The boy’s father Sunil Pathak, a resident of Harkesh Nagar in south Delhi’s Okhla Industrial area, informed police Wednesday afternoon that his son Vineet (name changed) was missing from Tuesday.
He also informed police that he had found a ransom note of Rs.5 lakh for the release of his son.
Police said that during investigation, acquaintances of Pathak were checked and it came to light that Umesh Yadav lived in a rented room adjacent to that of Pathak’s, but had vacated it earlier this month and shifted to another area of Okhla.
“Police also raided the suspect’s hideouts in Noida and Greater Noida. Due to the pressure mounted by police, Umesh came to Okhla to leave the child at a safe place but was apprehended and the child rescued,” said Ajay Chaudhury, Additional Commissioner of Police.
During interrogation, Umesh told police that his friend Rajesh helped him to keep the child at his house in Noida.
- Businessman held for kidnapping minor boy - Jul 07, 2011
- Two held for kidnapping, killing lawyer's son - Nov 26, 2011
- Kidnapped boy rescued, two arrested - Apr 18, 2011
- Mother gets son killed to keep affair under wraps - Sep 01, 2011
- Abducted astrologer rescued, two held - Feb 09, 2011
- Three held for kidnapping boy for ransom - May 23, 2012
- Two teenaged sisters held for cousin's abduction - Oct 03, 2010
- Ex-soldier scripts kidnap of son for ransom - Jul 02, 2012
- Man arrested for faking kidnap, making ransom calls - May 06, 2011
- Man kidnaps friend for Rs.1.5 crore ransom, held - Aug 17, 2012