Kidnapped Delhi boy killed in Meerut, one heldJanuary 18th, 2011 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 18 (IANS) A 10-year-old boy who was kidnapped two weeks back from east Delhi was found dead in Meerut in Uttar Pradesh even though his parents had arranged the ransom money demanded by the abductors. The boy’s cousin has been held for the crime, police said.The boy, Chetan, went missing Jan 3 while he was playing outside his home in Kalyanpuri area. After searching for him the whole night, his father Bhanwari Shankar registered a police complaint.
“A missing complaint was registered on January 4 at Kalyanpuri police station,” a police officer said.
Shankar then got a call Jan 5 from the kidnappers. “A woman said over phone that if we want our son alive we should bring Rs.1 lakh to Meerut the very next day and threatened to kill him if we informed the police. We rushed there but they didn’t pick up our call,” Chetan’s grief-stricken mother Savitri told IANS.
Shankar keep trying the phone and then informed the police. “The woman picked up the phone and said that three people - Devi Ram, Ashok and Surendra - were involved in the kidnapping as Devi Ram, Chetan’s cousin, wanted money,” Savitri added.
Devi Ram, 22, had some financial dispute with Chetan’s family, police said.
Devi Ram was arrested from Kalyanpuri area Monday and during interrogation, he told the police that he and his associates had killed and buried Chetan in Meerut two days after they kidnapped him, a police officer said.
The accused used to come back to his home in Kalyanpuri area to avoid suspicion.
A police team from Delhi went to Meerut Tuesday morning and recovered Chetan’s body. While his body has been sent for post-mortem, police are still looking for Ashok and Surendra who are absconding.
Chetan was a Class 4 student of Rajkiya Sarvodaya Bal Vidyalaya in Kalyanpuri.
- 'Rajasthan Police arrested man on false charge' - Apr 12, 2012
- 'Missing nurse could have been blackmailing politicians' - Oct 28, 2011
- Rajasthan nurse case: Key suspect in police custody - Oct 22, 2011
- CBI quizzes music producers in missing nurse case - Oct 25, 2011
- CBI arrests one more in missing nurse case - Dec 27, 2011
- Missing nurse case: Suspect's house searched - Oct 30, 2011
- One more arrested in Bhanwari case - Jan 17, 2012
- Sonia should respond in missing nurse case: BJP - Nov 11, 2011
- Complaint against Gehlot for 'inaction' in Bhanwari case - Apr 09, 2012
- CBI questions sacked Rajasthan minister over missing nurse - Nov 25, 2011
- Rajasthan cops offer reward for clues to missing nurse - Sep 17, 2011
- Court demands report on missing nurse case every other day - Oct 11, 2011
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes arrested legislator's mother - Jan 31, 2012
- Nurse case: Bishnois allege CBI harassment - Feb 12, 2012
- 'Missing nurse's body might be in lime kiln' - Nov 26, 2011
Tags: abductors, ashok, crime police, east delhi, financial dispute, interrogation, january 4, kidnappers, lakh, missing jan, police complaint, police officer, police station, police team, post mortem, ransom money, sarvodaya bal vidyalaya, savitri, surendra, tuesday morning