Kidnapped businessman’s family slams delay in JD-U leader’s arrestJune 4th, 2009 - 5:15 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 4 (IANS) The family of kidnapped businessman Satyendra Kumar Singh Thursday alleged the delay in arresting the main accused - Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Vijay Krishna and his son Chanakya - was due to “pressure” as the two were considered close to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Singh, a 50-year-old transporter, also associated with the JD-U, was kidnapped in the last week of May. His wife, Laxmi Devi and daughter Sweety Singh have alleged that Vijay Krishna, a former MP, and his son were directly involved in the kidnapping and demanded they be arrested.
Singh’s wife and daughter, along with some other relatives, met the chief minister Tuesday and sought his help.
“We fail to understand the delay in arresting Vijay Krishna and his son. Police have evidence against them in the case. Why have they not been arrested,” Singh’s daughter said, charging the police with inaction.
Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) Neelmani said that police have some clues and the investigation is on following the arrest of Vijay Krishna’s domestic help Gagan Kumar, who has given vital information to the police in the case.
He said Gagan Kumar had revealed that Singh was killed the same day he was kidnapped at an apartment owned by Chanakya, and the body thrown into river Ganga. Gagan also told police that Vijay Krishna was present in the flat at that time.
Police Wednesday pressed sniffer dogs into service to trace the body of Singh, but were unsuccessful. They have now decided to requisition Indian Navy divers, to trace the body from the river.
Police have also decided to conduct a DNA test on the body of an unidentified man, recovered from the city a few days ago, after a close relative of Singh denied that it was his body.
Vijay Krishna and his son reportedly went underground last week after the statements of his arrested driver and guard were recorded in the court. Police have mounted pressure on them to surrender in the court.
Vijay Krishna quit the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) in April ahead of the Lok Sabha elections and joined the JD-U.
- JD-U leader denied anticipatory bail in kidnapping case - Jun 09, 2009
- Family of abducted Bihar businessman wants CBI probe - Jun 10, 2009
- Abducted Bihar businessman's family demands JD-U leader's arrest - Jun 02, 2009
- Give death penalty to murderer: wife of slain Bihar businessman - Jan 26, 2010
- Body of abducted Patna businessman found - Jun 12, 2009
- Bihar JD-U leader arrested for businessman's murder - Aug 20, 2009
- Police for speedy trial of former MP facing murder charge - Aug 21, 2009
- JD-U leader's bail to be challenged in Supreme Court - Jan 08, 2010
- Former MP and JD-U leader gets bail in murder case - Jan 07, 2010
- Murderers should be hanged: Slain businessman's wife - Jun 17, 2009
- Bihar police intensify efforts to nab murder-accused JD-U leader - Jun 13, 2009
- Take polygraph test, slain Patna businessman's wife tells ex-MP - Sep 07, 2009
- Murder-accused JD-U leader's property attached - Jun 16, 2009
- Arrested former MP handed over to Bihar police (Lead) - Aug 20, 2009
- Fear of abductions haunts Bihar again - May 31, 2009