Khar heads to Ajmer for prayers Thursday (Lead)July 28th, 2011 - 12:15 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 27 (IANS) Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar will offer prayers at the revered Sufi shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer Thursday before flying back home, sources said.
Khar will leave for Rajasthan’s capital Jaipur Thursday morning, the third and final day of her maiden visit to India as foreign minister, and travel to Ajmer from there.
The shrine, dedicated to the Sufi saint who came to Ajmer from Persia in 1192, attracts thousands of pilgrims throughout the year.
After offering prayers at the famous shrine, Khar will return to Jaipur and fly back home.
Earlier, Khar had expressed her desire to offer prayers at the Jama Masjid in New Delhi, but it did not work out due to security reasons.
The 34-year-old Khar, Pakistan’s youngest and first female foreign minister, had visited India twice before she was appointed the foreign minister over a week ago.
Khar held wide-ranging talks with India’s External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna Wednesday. Krishna invited her to visit south India, specially Bangalore, India’s IT hub.
- Pakistan foreign minister leaves for Ajmer - Jul 28, 2011
- Pakistan foreign minister prays at Ajmer shrine (Lead) - Jul 28, 2011
- Khar to visit Ajmer Thursday - Jul 27, 2011
- Bansal to be minister-in-waiting for Zardari - Apr 07, 2012
- Visit Pakistan, Zardari to tell Manmohan - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari-Manmohan to talk, India wants Saeed probed (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Gilani, Kayani meet Zardari before he flies to India - Apr 08, 2012
- Precious gifts, special prayers for Zardaris at Ajmer shrine (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Zardari leaves for India - Apr 08, 2012
- Talks on bilateral issues likely during Zardari visit: Krishna - Apr 06, 2012
- India presses Pakistan to probe Saeed's 26/11 role (Second Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Silver rings, bracelets for the Zardaris at Ajmer shrine - Apr 07, 2012
- Ajmer shrine authorities mum on Zardari visit - Apr 03, 2012
- 3,000 cops deployed at Ajmer shrine - Apr 07, 2012
- The journey to Ajmer Sharif - from Akbar to Zardari - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: desire, external affairs minister, fly, foreign minister, home sources, hub, jaipur, jama masjid, krishna, maiden visit, moinuddin chishti, New Delhi, pakistan, persia, pilgrims, prayers, security reasons, south india, sufi saint, thursday morning