Khanduri to continue as Uttarakhand chief minister: BJPOctober 21st, 2008 - 7:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) B.C. Khanduri will continue as the chief minister of Uttarakhand, a senior leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) said here Tuesday, adding “there is nothing so specific that might lead to the change of guard”.”There is no serious complaint against Khanduri. The change of guard is not required. So, Khanduri will continue to work as the chief minister,” Sushma Swaraj, BJP’s parliamentary party spokesperson, told reporters.
Swaraj denied resignation by a party lawmaker to protest against Khanduri’s style of functioning.
“The party leadership is talking to MLAs to ascertain the ground realities. As of now, there is nothing so specific that might lead to the change of the guard,” she said.
“Things are under control.”
India’s main opposition BJP came to power in Uttarakhand by trouncing the Congress and formed the government nearly 18 months back under the leadership of Khanduri, a retired Army major general.
The party leadership preferred Khanduri to Bhagat Singh Koshiyari, a former chief minister.
When asked if some party legislators had sent their resignation to party president Rajnath Singh, Sushma denied it, saying Singh had authorised her and senior leader M. Venkaiah Naidu to talk to them and get their grievances redressed.
- BJP seeks PM's intervention to save temple - Jul 07, 2012
- BJP does not rule out leadership change in Uttarakhand - Sep 09, 2011
- Khanduri to be Uttarakhand chief minister again (Lead) - Sep 10, 2011
- Karnataka mess: BJP gambles on getting it right third time (News Analysis) - Jul 10, 2012
- Khanduri again becomes Uttarkahand chief minister - Sep 11, 2011
- Khanduri steps down as Uttarakhand chief minister - Jun 23, 2009
- Uttarakhand CM Khanduri likely to resign over poll debacle - May 19, 2009
- Uttarakhand CM Khandori asked to resign - Jun 23, 2009
- Shettar is Karnataka's new chief minister (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Koshiyari withdraws resignation from Rajya Sabha - Jun 19, 2009
- Uttarakhand BJP's Koshiyari quits as Rajya Sabha member - Jun 17, 2009
- BJP tells Pokhriyal to step down Sunday - Sep 10, 2011
- B. S Koshiyari withdraws resignation from Rajya Sabha - Jun 19, 2009
- Not poaching among BJP for Bahuguna's seat: Rawat - Apr 27, 2012
- Khanduri steps down as Uttarakhand chief minister (Lead) - Jun 23, 2009