‘Key Lashkar operative’ held in DelhiJune 4th, 2009 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) A 50-year-old man suspected to be a key operative of the Pakistan-based banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terror outfit was arrested Thursday evening near the historic Qutab Minar in south Delhi, police said.
The suspected terrorist has been identified as Mohammed Umer Madni. However, no arms and ammunition were recovered from him.
“Based on intelligence inputs, we have arrested Madni, who is a key Lashkar-e-Taiba militant and has been operating from Nepal,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (special cell) Alok Kumar told IANS.
“At the moment we can not confirm about his immediate plans in the national capital. We will put him under sustained interrogation,” he added.
The LeT is accused of masterminding the Nov 26 attack in Mumbai killing at least 170 people last year.
- Arrested LeT man close aide of Hafiz Saeed: Delhi Police - Jun 05, 2009
- 11 terror suspects held, 'catastrophe' averted: Karnataka Police (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Nabbed LeT militant was to tasked to recruit youth from metros - Jun 05, 2009
- Terrorist arrested in Jharkhand to be handed over to Delhi Police - Mar 01, 2012
- Jharkhand terror suspect taken to Delhi (Second Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Jharkhand terror suspect taken to Delhi (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- 11 terror suspects held, catastrophe averted (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- LeT operative Madni sent to seven-day police remand - Jun 19, 2009
- Abu Jundal sent to judicial custody till Sep 24 - Sep 10, 2012
- Gujarat riots spurred Jundal's radicalisation: Investigators - Jul 11, 2012
- Three Lashkar-e-Taiba militants arrested in Jaipur - Oct 23, 2010
- Jundal was planning another 26/11-type strike: Investigators - Jul 06, 2012
- Arms cache unearthed in J&K; - Aug 04, 2012
- LeT 'operative' sent to 14-day judicial custody - Jun 26, 2009
- Terror suspect arrested in Kolkata - Jul 18, 2012