Kerr becomes earth hour ambassadorMarch 14th, 2012 - 9:45 am ICT by IANS
London, March 14 (IANS) Supermodel Miranda Kerr has been named as an Earth Hour global ambassador for the second year running.
The 28-year-old, who is famed for her views on environmental issues and has her own range of organic beauty products, has joined the 2012 campaign, which encourages the public to switch off their lights for 60 minutes on March 31 to help save energy and highlight sustainability.
”I hope my first challenge inspires my friends, family and fans to make their own promise for the environment,” contactmusic.com quoted Kerr as saying.
”This year I’ve made the commitment to reduce my footprint by offsetting all of my travel. If we all adopt simple practices like recycling, switching to energy efficient lighting or paperless banking then we can make a difference together,” she added.
The yoga class will take place in Sydney, Australia, and will be conducted by Miranda.
- Miranda Kerr named Earth Hour's global ambassador 2011 - Mar 06, 2011
- Health is wealth, says fit Miranda Kerr - Jun 11, 2012
- Kerr credits "love" for her good looks - Aug 09, 2011
- Grandma my style icon: Miranda Kerr - Aug 10, 2012
- Kerr's son loves chanting - Dec 02, 2011
- No trouble in marriage: Miranda Kerr - Jul 25, 2012
- Orlando will be a great dad, says Miranda Kerr - Jul 12, 2010
- Kerr cuts on foreign projects for son - Sep 06, 2012
- Miranda Kerr's attention-seeking son - Aug 30, 2012
- Kerr works hard on her figure - Feb 25, 2012
- Coconut oil keeps Miranda Kerr fit - Jul 17, 2011
- Delhi switches the lights off for 4th Earth Hour (Lead) (with Image) - Mar 31, 2012
- Orlando-Miranda love letters framed - Nov 03, 2011
- Miranda Kerr, Orlando Bloom Become Proud Parents Of Baby Boy - Jan 09, 2011
- Kerr launches anti-suicide campaign - Aug 29, 2011
Tags: 60 minutes, ambassador, earth, energy efficient lighting, environmental issues, family and fans, footprint, friends family, highlight, london march, miranda kerr, organic beauty products, recycling, supermodel, sustainability, sydney australia, yoga class