Kerala’s all top hotels to undergo security auditJanuary 1st, 2009 - 9:26 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Jan 1 (IANS) All four and five-star hotels in Kerala have been asked to prepare a detailed layout plan and undergo a security audit, a state minister said Thursday.”This has been undertaken in the aftermath of the recent Mumbai terror attacks. Also the US embassy has written to the Kerala government that henceforth they would be advising their citizens on the nature of security that the states have undertaken for the safety of tourists,” said state Tourism Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan while talking to reporters.
There are 40 four and five-star hotels in Kerala.
In 2007, foreign tourist arrivals in Kerala grew by 20.37 percent over 2006 to cross 515,000 and domestic tourist arrivals grew by 5.92 percent to cross 6.64 million. The total revenue from tourism grew by 25.28 per cent to touch Rs.114 billion.
“These hotels have also been asked to ensure proper screening of tourists, their staff and also those who bring supplies to these hotels. Alappuzha, where houseboat tourism is popular will also come under this security audit. All these hotels have also agreed to file Form C everyday to the police through the internet on the details of all the foreign tourists after checking their travel documents,” added Balakrishnan.
Balakrishnan, however, added that the privacy of all tourists would be respected and they will not be put into any inconvenience.
- Mumbai terror, economic crises bad news for Kerala tourism - Nov 30, 2008
- Kerala to promote souvenirs in a big way - Sep 09, 2010
- 'Travel mart helping Kerala tourism sustain growth' - Oct 03, 2008
- Brand Kerala shines at Spanish tourism fair - Jan 24, 2012
- Planning to holiday in Kerala? It's almost houseful! - Dec 07, 2010
- Kerala sees healthy rise in tourist arrivals, revenue - Jun 30, 2009
- Houseboats become USP of tourist hotspot Kerala - Apr 17, 2010
- Kashmir reverberates with summer tourists (With images) - Jun 24, 2011
- Sachin, Waugh, Deepika to be Kerala Tourism ambassadors? - May 07, 2012
- Kerala tourism smiles after National Geographic rating - Nov 16, 2009
- Kerala offers freebies for diaspora to promote tourism - Feb 17, 2011
- British sub-centre in Kerala to boost tourism - Jan 19, 2012
- Keralite groups abroad to be brand ambassadors - May 24, 2008
- Prayers for peace as summer beckons tourists to Kashmir - May 22, 2011
- Kerala best tourist destination, shows survey - Feb 18, 2012