Kerala woman hacks husband to deathMarch 12th, 2008 - 11:49 pm ICT by admin
Kozhikode, March 12 (IANS) In a bizarre incident, a 61-year-old woman hacked her bedridden husband to death Wednesday in their house at Marad, a village near here, the police said. The deceased, Balakrishnan, was suffering from ill health and was bedridden. A quarrel over a cup of tea apparently led to the murder, A. Umesh, sub-inspector at Marad police station, told IANS.
“Balakrishnan asked his wife Devayani for tea. She brought the tea late and the quantity was less. Provoked by this, Balakrishnan kicked his wife while lying on bed. She fell on the floor, and took the billhook from under his coat and hacked him,” Umesh said.
“Balakrishnan, who used to be a labourer, had incontinence and Devayani therefore used to give him less fluids. This seems to have enraged him,” the police official said.
Devayani fell unconscious on seeing the splattered blood. She has been arrested, Umesh added.
- Angry with wife, man kills son - Jun 14, 2011
- Man kills wife nagging him to give up drugs - Feb 22, 2012
- Delhi Police ASI shoots colleague over throwing of garbage (Second lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Juvenile strangled over cup of tea - Sep 27, 2011
- Kerala CPI-M leader nabbed for former colleague's murder - Jun 29, 2012
- Five of family die after drinking poisoned tea - Sep 26, 2011
- Kerala CPI-M leader held for ex-colleague's murder (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Man arrested for setting wife afire - Jan 22, 2012
- Wary of fourth girl child, man poisons wife, daughters - Apr 13, 2012
- Russian woman kills hubby with frying pan - Apr 29, 2012
- Yoga teacher kills Israeli woman in Bangalore - May 05, 2011
- Trader looted of Rs.16 lakh in Ghaziabad (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- British man jailed for biting wife's nose - Mar 25, 2012
- Husband shoots dead wife in Bengal, arrested - Apr 19, 2010
- Man chops off woman's nose over land dispute - Mar 18, 2010