Kerala Travel Mart draws huge responseAugust 1st, 2012 - 4:20 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Aug 1 (IANS) The seventh edition of the Kerala Travel Mart (KTM) to be held here next month has received a huge response, a KTM official said Wednesday.
The KTM is held every other year and this year’s edition will be held Sep 27-30.
Riaz Ahmed, KTM president told IANS that till date 460 international buyers and 1,245 domestic buyers have registered, which is double the response recorded at the last KTM.
“No doubt the event is becoming bigger and bigger and that’s evident from the response we have had this time. It has become the biggest tourism event, that keeps the Kerala tourism flag flying high,” said Ahmed.
The KTM Society has 599 members in the state with profiles that include airlines, ayurveda centres, farm-stay, home-stay, hotels, speciality hospital, resorts, travel agents, adventure tour operators and other specialized travel packages.
“This is basically a buyer-seller meeting being organised under the banner of private-public-partnership. This year too we have a rough budget of more than Rs.15 crore for conducting the event. Last year, the state government gave us Rs.1 crore,” added Ahmed.
With the economies in certain South American and East European countries not doing well, the KTM is planning to help buyers from there with some financial assistance in terms of travel.
“Hotels in and around Kochi have set aside 800 rooms, free of cost, to accommodate the guests. We are also having a post-mart tour for all interested buyers to the properties they wish to see. We will provide the transport and the respective hotels will take care of them,” added Ahmed.
At KTM 2012, there will be 108 tables, 296 modules and 12 houseboat parking bays.
“For the first time, we have decided to give bar-coded identity cards to all the invitees, and this will enable us to find out how much time each buyer spends with the sellers. Besides, before the mart starts each buyer and seller will know how many appointments they have because we will have an online appointment facility,” added Ahmed.
- Kerala Travel Mart begins tomorrow - Sep 22, 2010
- Kerala travel event expects record attendance - Sep 11, 2010
- Kerala to promote souvenirs in a big way - Sep 09, 2010
- With surplus rooms after Games, homestay tourism gets a boost - Nov 21, 2010
- 28 countries, 400 buyers to participate in Goa travel mart - Oct 19, 2011
- Kerala Travel Mart draws representatives from 50 nations - Sep 08, 2008
- Goa ties up with Berlin tourism fest - Sep 10, 2011
- Thailand, Goa join hands to promote tourism - Aug 13, 2011
- Coir Festival rakes in Rs.100-crore business - Feb 06, 2012
- Kerala Tourism tapping more domestic market - Sep 09, 2010
- Goa to host international travel mart - Aug 16, 2010
- Kerala Tourism sweeps PATA travel awards - Feb 04, 2011
- India Travel Mart kicks off in Chandigarh - Feb 05, 2011
- India, Brazil, South Africa sign tourism cooperation pact - Sep 21, 2008
- Goa tourism moves beyond beaches - Sep 16, 2011
Tags: 1 crore, adventure tour operators, ayurveda, bays, buyer seller, east european countries, financial assistance, interested buyers, invitees, kerala tourism, no doubt, private public partnership, resorts travel, rs 1, speciality hospital, specialized travel, state government, tourism event, travel mart, travel packages