Kerala Tourism upbeat after Australia roadshowsOctober 29th, 2011 - 5:28 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Oct 29 (IANS) Two roadshows conducted in Australia to promote tourism to Kerala will hopefully translate into business, officials said Saturday.
“We hope that the efforts will be translated into business in the coming times as the trade members from Kerala and Australia were engaged in fruitful discussions,” said Kerala Tourism Secretary T.K. Manoj Kumar who led the delegation to Australia early this week.
Seventy-five tour operators participated Oct 24 in Sydney while the next day at Melbourne, 60 of them turned up, according to a press release by Kerala Tourism.
This is after a gap of three years that Kerala Tourism officials went on a promotion drive of Kerala Tourism, Down Under.
“This is part of a new drive by the state to approach the emerging markets with concrete short and long-term strategies and tap the potentials to the maximum,” said Kerala Tourism Director Rani George.
Kerala Tourism also announced that they would participate at the World Travel Mart scheduled to be held in London from Nov 7 to 10, besides another delegation from the state would take part in a series of workshops planned in Scandinavian countries.
Australia is an emerging market for Kerala with 36,854 arrivals in 2010, making it the fifth biggest market.
The current strategy of the state tourism department, especially in the face of economic crisis in Europe and US, is to focus on the emerging markets like Australia and Scandinavia by pitching its unique tourism products.
- Kerala woos tourists from Scandinavian countries - Nov 20, 2011
- Kerala Tourism to hold first-ever road show in Saudi Arabia - May 04, 2012
- Kerala conducts tourism road shows in Scandinavia - Nov 05, 2009
- 28 countries, 400 buyers to participate in Goa travel mart - Oct 19, 2011
- Kerala Tourism ties up with Zapak Games to market state - Nov 05, 2011
- India can tap booming gay tourism sector: Tour promoter - Oct 21, 2011
- Japan keen to partner in infra and other sectors in Kerala - Sep 13, 2012
- Brand Kerala shines at Spanish tourism fair - Jan 24, 2012
- Tech in tourism is PATA focus in 2011 - Sep 07, 2011
- GTECH to tap Scandinavian markets - Aug 13, 2010
- Goa wants slice of LGBT tourism pie - Oct 19, 2011
- Selja headed to Norway for tourism roadshows - Aug 25, 2009
- Kerala looking for private investment in mega projects - Aug 13, 2012
- Kumari Selja to leave for Oslo today - Aug 26, 2009
- Canadian delegation shows interest in tie-up with Kerala - Jan 11, 2012
Tags: business officials, delegation, economic crisis, emerging market, emerging markets, fruitful discussions, manoj kumar, roadshows, scandinavia, scandinavian countries, state tourism department, term strategies, thiruvananthapuram, tour operators, tourism director, tourism officials, tourism products, tourism secretary, trade members, travel mart