Kerala to launch virtual classrooms in 34 ITIsMay 14th, 2012 - 6:14 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, May 14 (IANS) Kerala will introduce virtual classrooms in 34 industrial training tnstitutes (ITIs) in the state to improve quality of education in these institutions, a minister said Monday.
“Students from weaker sections of the society frequent ITIs. We have decided that they also should get advantage of the ongoing technological revolution and the latest information related to their curriculum,” said state Labour Minister Shibu Baby John to reporters here.
The state government has spent Rs.2.30 crore for setting up virtual classrooms in these ITIs, he said.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy will Thursday inaugurate the new facility at the Women’s ITI at Kozhikode.
“Through this facility, all the 34 ITIs will get a huge value addition. They will get connected to the latest technological developments across the globe, besides have an opportunity to listen to lectures by experts. We will also run a special soft skill course using this facility,” said John, an engineer turned politician.
A new job website will also be launched for the nearly 47,000 ITI students in the state.
“All job aspirants can register for free and post their resumes, which will be linked to the state-owned Overseas Development and Employment Promotion Consultants. This will enable the employers to hire qualified hands,” said John.
Kerala in the early ’70s launched the ITIs in the country, bringing technical education to the doorsteps of the under-privileged.
- Amrita launches free tution programme (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Amrita University's free online tution programme launched - Mar 27, 2012
- Skill academy to boost Kerala's MSME sector - Sep 14, 2012
- Kerala, Dubai body hold talks on Academic City - Mar 20, 2012
- Kerala education channel to go online Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2010
- Vodafone Foundation to provide education in 1,000 schools - Apr 26, 2012
- Congress promises jobs, citizen's charter in UP vision document (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- State-run job portal in Kerala - Aug 05, 2012
- Kerala's Onam gesture to migrant labour - Aug 23, 2012
- Kerala mulling cutting operating costs of IT firms - Jan 19, 2012
- Chandy and cabinet to attend IIM workshop - Jul 07, 2011
- Now Skoool web technologies in all Kerala schools - Feb 20, 2010
- Chandy, ministers at IIM to learn management mantra - Aug 18, 2011
- IGNOU backs e-learning - Aug 26, 2011
- Congress promises jobs, citizens charter in UP vision document (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
Tags: baby john, chief minister, crore, doorsteps, employment promotion, iti, itis, kozhikode, labour minister, new job, politician, quality of education, shibu, soft skill, state government, technical education, technological developments, technological revolution, value addition, virtual classrooms