Kerala to implement laws to ban mobile phones in schoolsJuly 8th, 2008 - 2:46 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, July 8 (IANS) Kerala Home Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan Tuesday said the government will bring new laws to ensure mobile phones are not used in schools. “All what we have now is a mere government order that mobiles cannot be used in schools. But now it has been decided that we will introduce new laws to this effect, banning the use of mobiles in all schools,” Balakrishnan told the state assembly.
Balakrishnan was responding to a submission by opposition legislator N. Jayaraj who said phones were being misused by students to trouble their classmates.
“I got a few complaints that mobile phones were being misused by school students. When I looked into the complaints I realised the gravity of the problem,” said Jayaraj.
Although Jayaraj demanded that use of mobile phones be banned in educational institutions, including colleges, Balakrishnan said the ban would be imposed only in schools.
- Notice against Kerala minister for alleged phone tapping - Jul 31, 2012
- Memmoo, a phone to speak with many, to launch in Kerala - Sep 17, 2012
- Intel donates 625 laptops for Kerala e-learning school project - Oct 02, 2011
- Kerala looking into reports of Taliban style courts - Jul 27, 2010
- Kerala preparing new law to tackle cyber crimes - Jul 06, 2009
- Law student uploads woman's details on internet, held - May 12, 2012
- Our families in India being harassed: UAE-settled Keralites - Mar 10, 2010
- Kerala CPI-M leader arrested in murder case - Aug 01, 2012
- Will react on Balakrishnan issue at right time: CPI-M - Jan 06, 2011
- Avoid mobiles at work, Kerala employees told - Jun 06, 2012
- Parents fume over turban curbs in Shimla school - Apr 26, 2012
- Achuthanandan to defy party, government;go to Kudankulam - Sep 17, 2012
- Presence of CPI-M politburo member at church altar kicks up row - Sep 02, 2012
- Kerala orders reinvestigation of sex scandal case - Feb 03, 2011
- Left raises attack on school teacher in assembly - Oct 03, 2011