Kerala public sector workers to get higher bonusSeptember 2nd, 2008 - 11:50 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Sep 2 (IANS) Close to 20,000 employees of the 48 public sector undertakings (PSUs) under the Kerala Industries Department will get higher bonus during this Onam season. Industry Minister Elamaram Kareem told reporters here Tuesday that the decision to pay higher bonus was taken considering the good performance of these employees.
Most of the employees in Kerala get either an ex-gratia allowance or bonus during the Onam season. Keralites will celebrate Onam Sep 12 this year.
“This year the employees would get a minimum of Rs.5,000 and a maximum of Rs.16,000 bonus compared to Rs.2,500 to Rs.12,500 of last Onam season. All PSUs under our department have done well compared to last fiscal,” Kareem said.
- Rain, spiralling prices may mar Onam revelry - Sep 05, 2011
- Hefty increase in air fares ahead of Onam in Kerala - Aug 26, 2011
- Kerala pays out Rs.100 crore in pension, dole for Onam - Aug 28, 2012
- Steps taken to tackle spread of fever in Kerala: Chandy - Jun 21, 2012
- Kerala immersed in Onam festivities - Sep 09, 2011
- Coal India terms workers' strike for bonus illegal - Sep 24, 2011
- Job hopefuls go on hunger strike on Thiru Onam - Aug 29, 2012
- BSNL submits proposal on voluntary retirement to DoT - Nov 30, 2011
- Festivals, protests and strikes - it's 'holiday season' in Kerala - Aug 20, 2012
- Kerala seeks chartered flights from Middle East - Jun 19, 2012
- Chandy blames Air India for high fares to Middle East - Oct 03, 2011
- Non-gazetted rail staff to get 78-day festival bonus - Sep 30, 2011
- High prices to hit Onam festivities this time - Aug 30, 2009
- Rs.70 crore liquor sold on Onam days - Aug 30, 2012
- Issue of Kerala minister's absence raised in house - Jun 29, 2010