Kerala police make third arrest in Kashmir terror linkNovember 3rd, 2008 - 8:59 pm ICT by IANS
Kannur (Kerala) Nov 3 (IANS) A man believed to be linked with terrorist activities in Kashmir was arrested here Monday, the police said. This is the third arrest the Kerala police have made after four militants from Kerala were gunned down in Kashmir last month. Mujib, a driver by profession, was picked up last week by the newly constituted anti-terror squad but was officially arrested here Monday by the Kannur police team in joint operation with the anti-terror squad.
Speaking to IANS, a top police official in Kannur district said that so far they have made three arrests in the case.
“He (Mujib) was being interrogated for some time and the arrest has been made, and he will be produced before the court according to procedure,” said the official who did not wish to be identified.
Believed to be in his late twenties, Mujib was interrogated by the officials at an undisclosed location near here.
Since the killings in Kashmir surfaced, the state police have been alert and according to unconfirmed reports some four dozen people, mostly youth, have been detained for suspected terror links.
Reports indicate that Mujib was behind sending two of the four militants who were killed to Kashmir. He is believed to have purchased train tickets for them.
Faisal and Jaleel, who were arrested earlier, are in police custody.
- Kerala tight-lipped on suspects held for terror links - Oct 29, 2008
- Terrorist shot dead in Aurangabad - Mar 26, 2012
- Mumbai cops in Ahmedabad to quiz IM operative - Jul 16, 2011
- Kerala opposition wants all party meet on terrorism - Nov 04, 2008
- Abu Jundal sent to police custody till July 31 (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- India ups pressure on 26/11 disclosures, discusses Kashmir with Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Four Gujarat cops held for negligence - Oct 09, 2011
- Ahead of Saturday meet, government softens NCTC stand - May 04, 2012
- Kerala to get internal security agency - Jul 15, 2010
- Toll in Allahabad blast rises to six - May 24, 2012
- Probe widens in Mumbai blasts, detonators remain mystery - Jul 18, 2011
- Operations conducted by LeT member serious, says police - Dec 10, 2009
- Lashkar plans 'big strikes' in Kashmir, rest of India: Abu Jundal - Jul 13, 2012
- Karachi police arrest four suspected target killers - Oct 13, 2011
- Does Kashmir's 'residual militancy' still have fangs in uniform? (News Analysis) - Jun 19, 2012