Kerala Police begin probe into forged letters to ChidambaramAugust 5th, 2010 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi (Kerala), Aug 5 (IANS) Director General of Kerala Police Jacob Punnose Thursday said the police have begun a probe into the forged letters sent on behalf of the chief minister and home minister to union Home Minister P. Chidambaram in connection with the promotion of 15 state police officials.
“We will be sending a top police official to Delhi. A case has been registered and an investigation team has begun its job,” Punnose told the media here.
The forged letters sent last week in the name of Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan and Home Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan asked Chidambaram not to consider granting Indian Police Service (IPS) cadre to state police officials.
Thiruvananthapuram Police Commissioner M.R. Ajith Kumar is leading the probe team.
The forged letters said that the union home ministry need not consider granting IPS cadre to 15 state police officers till March 31 next year because nine IPS officials currently on deputation to central government will be shortly returning to the state service, leaving no vacancies.
While Kerala Police officials retire at 55, any official elevated to the IPS cadre by the central government, on the state government’s recommendation, gets another three years of service.
- Kerala to probe forged letters sent to Chidambaram - Aug 04, 2010
- Centre to ensure Punjab, Haryana quota in Chandigarh posts - Jun 11, 2012
- Row hits Karnataka governor over ADC's promotion - Sep 27, 2011
- BJP opposes transfer of CBI officer probing Adarsh scam - Jul 06, 2012
- Charge sheet against Gujarat police officer quashed - Apr 07, 2011
- Andhra Police officer suspended for absence from duty - Jun 19, 2012
- Stop ministers' interference, Modi urges PM - Aug 13, 2011
- IPS officers told to immediately submit property returns - Jun 29, 2012
- Now, Parrikar accuses Chidambaram of 'dadagiri' in postings - Jul 06, 2012
- CBI probe okayed into Jharkhand police funds scam - Oct 16, 2010
- Government slams remark on CBI going soft on Chidambaram - Sep 29, 2011
- Chidambaram asks police officers to outsmart adversaries - Nov 05, 2011
- Kerala to reinstate suspended inspector general of police - Jul 06, 2011
- 'Kerala cop has links with banned outfits' - Mar 20, 2012
- IAS officer appears before CBI in mining case - Nov 20, 2011
Tags: ajith kumar, balakrishnan, central government, chief minister, deputation, director general, indian police service, investigation team, kochi kerala, p chidambaram, police commissioner, police official, police officials, probe team, state government, state police officers, union home minister, union home ministry, v s achuthanandan, vacancies