Kerala plans big in IT, banks on German expositionFebruary 26th, 2009 - 4:03 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Feb 26 (IANS) Kerala is keen to log its presence on the IT map of India.
A high-powered delegation is headed for Hannover next month for the popular CeBIT 2009 exposition in a bid to forge strategic alliances with global players and attract foreign capital to boost its IT industry.
State IT Secretary Ajay Kumar and Infopark and Technopark chief executive Siddhartha Bhattacharya will be part of the delegation that will represent Kerala at the exposition in Germany from March 3-8.
The delegation will look at collaboration opportunities in developing and supporting the upcoming infrastructure for the 10 proposed IT parks in Kerala, and developing a talent pool as well as socio-economic infrastructure, Kumar told reporters here Thursday.
CeBIT, the world’s largest IT trade fair, is considered a barometer of the state of the art in information technology. Last year, the exposition attracted almost 500,000 visitors.
Bhattacharya said the delegation would showcase the state’s premier IT parks - Technopark, Infopark and Cyberpark - besides highlighting the upcoming seven spokes of IT parks under the hub-and-spoke model.
“Technopark and Infopark have been catering to a growing number of European clients and this event gives us an opportunity to strengthen our relationships with our existing clients and expand our footprint,” said Bhattacharya.
The state budget that was presented last week by Finance Minister Thomas Isaac has offered sops and has decided to defer 50 percent of the rent for the current fiscal.
- Kerala IT team to visit global infotech fair - Mar 01, 2011
- Achuthanandan to lay foundation stone of Kannur Cyberpark - Jan 13, 2011
- Kerala IT to participate in Dubai GITEX Technology Week 2010 - Oct 14, 2010
- Kerala's Kozhikode Cyberpark gets SEZ status - Jun 10, 2010
- US Consul General McIntyre visits Kerala Infopark - Jun 14, 2012
- Kerala mulling cutting operating costs of IT firms - Jan 19, 2012
- E&Y; to open third facility in Kerala - Apr 21, 2012
- Kerala's new IT park at Koratty attracts tech giants - Nov 10, 2009
- Cognizant, Ernst & Young to set up Kerala units - May 07, 2011
- GTECH to tap Scandinavian markets - Aug 13, 2010
- Oracle to open in Technopark Kerala Thursday - Jun 14, 2011
- IT made giant strides in Kerala under Left rule: Achuthanandan - Jan 09, 2011
- Kerala's new IT Park to come up in Kozhikode - May 05, 2010
- Innovation centre to be set up at Infopark - Feb 07, 2011
- Oracle sets up office in Technopark in Kerala - Apr 18, 2011
Tags: ajay kumar, barometer, cebit, chief executive, collaboration opportunities, cyberpark, delegation, economic infrastructure, exposition, finance minister, footprint, global players, hub and spoke model, infopark, siddhartha, sops, spokes, state budget, strategic alliances, talent pool