Kerala minister’s car kills twoNovember 21st, 2011 - 12:50 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Nov 21 (IANS) Two people were killed and one injured here when they were run over by Kerala Rural Development Minister K.C. Joseph’s car, police said Monday.
Angamali police station has registered a case against Joseph’s driver.
Joseph told IANS that he was heading to the Kochi international airport to catch a Delhi flight to join the group of ministers led by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy when the accident took place late Sunday.
He blamed poor lighting on the road for the accident.
“There were hardly any street lights and my driver, despite his best efforts, could not do anything because the pedestrians made a hurried crossing on the highway,” said Joseph.
“As soon as the accident occurred, the three pedestrians was rushed to a hospital in my car,” the minister added.
George and Vijayan, both of them construction workers, succumbed to their injuries while Thomas Abraham survived.
“He is out of danger and will be discharged now,” said local legislator Jose Thettayil, who happened to be coming behind in a car when the accident took place.
Joseph, who is expected to reach Delhi later in the day, said: “We will see what best can be done for the victims’ families.”
- Kerala ministers upset over PM's function - Feb 11, 2011
- 1 killed, many injured as LPG tanker explodes - Aug 28, 2012
- Will always be considerate to Kerala diaspora: Chandy - Dec 29, 2011
- Parents of Kerala nurses seek better wages for children - Jan 04, 2012
- Parents seek better deal for Kerala nurses (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- In Kerala by-election, it is Chandy versus Achuthanandan - Mar 09, 2012
- Kerala lashes out at Rawal remarks on firing from ship - Apr 21, 2012
- God's own country to get own airline - Sep 08, 2012
- Row breaks out over Kochi Metro Rail project - Jan 02, 2012
- Kerala legislators to visit China - Aug 08, 2012
- Toll in Kerala tanker explosion rises to 14 - Sep 01, 2012
- Chandy seeks removal of Raval in Italian Marines case (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- On Delhi roads, tempers rise with temperatures - Apr 06, 2012
- Chandy expects Left's cooperation at 'Emerging Kerala' meet - Sep 10, 2012
- Pandemonium in Kerala assembly, opposition walks out - Mar 22, 2010