Kerala legislator bags TV’s best actor awardNovember 14th, 2008 - 8:09 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Nov 14 (IANS) Opposition legislator K.B. Ganesh Kumar, who has acted in 126 films and 38 television serials, Friday was selected as the best actor in the television awards announced by the ruling Front government.Kumar, 42, a former Kerala transport minister, received the news while shooting for blockbuster Malayalam film “Red Chillies”, starring Mohanlal.
Kumar told IANS he was elated because this is his first award.
“I always used to tell my friends and well wishers that when the present opposition to which I belong rules the state, an award for me is certain to invite criticism. But I am all the more happy that I have got my first award when I sit in the opposition benches, when the Left rules the state,” said Kumar in a lighter vein.
The awards were announced here Friday by state Culture Minister M.A. Baby. Kumar bagged the award for his stellar performance in the TV serial “Madhavam” which is aired on Surya TV.
Kumar, son of Kerala Congress (Pillai) party chief R. Balakrishnan Pillai, became a minister in the cabinet of A.K. Antony in 2001-03 before he made way for his father to take over as the transport minister.
Kumar since 1984 has acted in 126 films and 38 TV serials.
- Kerala orders CBI probe into attack on teacher - Nov 02, 2011
- Actor's complaint on film award has no merit: Cinema minister - Jul 24, 2012
- Acting to continue, says Kerala minister - May 22, 2011
- Thilakan gears up for politics - Jun 28, 2010
- Superstar Mohanlal booked for possessing elephant tusk - Jun 14, 2012
- Achuthanandan demands removal of CBI officer - Jul 19, 2012
- Kerala minister loses party post - Jan 14, 2012
- Attacked Kerala teacher records statement - Oct 01, 2011
- Malayalam films fail to impress at National Awards; Malayalees do - Mar 07, 2012
- Summons for 210 people for phoning Kerala convict (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Film star-turned-minister bats for Mohanlal - Jul 22, 2011
- Kerala minister's father threatens to oust him from party - Mar 27, 2012
- Chandy denies speaking to jailed leader, assembly rocked - Oct 04, 2011
- Achuthanandan moves apex court against amnesty for ex-minister - Nov 01, 2011
- Apex court gives one-year jail to ex-Kerala minister (Lead, changing dateline) - Feb 10, 2011