Kerala gives nod to medical varsity at ThrissurAugust 21st, 2008 - 5:43 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 21 (IANS) The Kerala government Thursday gave the green signal for setting up a medical university in Thrissur.Speaking to reporters here after the weekly cabinet meeting, Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan gave details of the university.
“Dr Usha Titus has been appointed as the project director and the new university would include allopathy, ayurveda, homoeopathy, siddha, and unani systems of medicine,” Achuthanandan said.
A committee headed by eminent neurosurgeon and former Vice Chancellor of Kerala University B. Ekbal was appointed by the Achuthanandan government for the university project and had submitted its report in April 2007.
The committee said the university should generate knowledge in medical sciences and allied fields by promoting research on state-specific health problems.
It also suggested that the university ensure that all medical teachers are trained to handle modern curriculum and an evaluation system is developed that ably assesses theoretical knowledge and clinical skills.
- Heated debate in Lok Sabha over Indian Medical Central Council (Amendment) Bill - Aug 31, 2010
- India wins patent dispute against China for flu medicine - Aug 06, 2010
- Exclusive medical varsity to come up in Kerala soon - Nov 25, 2009
- India for global recognition of Ayurveda, Unani - Aug 08, 2012
- Kerala to take ayurveda tourism to next level (With Images) - Aug 23, 2012
- Punjab bans advertisements by doctors - Oct 30, 2011
- Quality certificate for ayurvedic medicines - Aug 30, 2011
- Tibb-e-Unani took medical care to common man, says Vice President Ansari - Nov 02, 2010
- Indian systems of medicine to be mainstreamed - Apr 09, 2010
- Tripura awarded for tele-homoeopathy - Nov 23, 2011
- India offers scholarships to Malaysians - Jan 18, 2011
- Ancient Indian medicines to be patented in 5 foreign languages - Nov 30, 2009
- 80 Ayurveda colleges denied permission to admit students - Aug 24, 2012
- Panel slams rural health scheme implementation - Mar 24, 2011
- Yoga, homoeopathy to be integrated with healthcare in UP - Sep 17, 2012