Kerala finance minister to present his 9th budgetJuly 7th, 2011 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, July 7 (IANS) Kerala Finance Minister K.M. Mani, who has been a legislator for the past 45 years, will create a record of sorts Friday when he presents his ninth state budget in the assembly.
Mani, 78, heads the Kerala Congress (Mani) — the third biggest partner of the Congress-led United Democratic Front (UDF).
“I am more happy because this is going to be my first budget in a quarter century and this time it would be a corrective budget to the one that former finance minister Thomas Issac presented a few months back,” said Mani.
The last time that Mani read out a state budget was in 1986.
“My job tomorrow (Friday) would be reinforcing the foundations of the last budget that Issac presented and renovating it in a manner that Kerala is set on the road of development. The next budget that would be presented in March would be actually my first full-fledged budget,” added Mani.
- Kerala budget's focus is on infrastructure, development - Jul 08, 2011
- Issac terms budget development-oriented, opposition says mockery (Roundup) - Feb 10, 2011
- Congress wins Kerala bypoll (Second Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Positives outnumber negatives in 100 days: Chandy regime - Sep 12, 2011
- Kerala heads for final showdown in this assembly - Feb 02, 2011
- Kerala surveys cheer Congress, Left hoping against hope - May 11, 2011
- Kerala UDF to meet Wednesday - Jun 21, 2011
- Oommen Chandy sworn in as Kerala chief minister (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Will win, but not by huge margin: Vayalar Ravi - May 13, 2011
- Issac presents sixth consecutive Kerala budget - Feb 10, 2011
- Kerala budgets didn't do justice to NRIs, says Issac (Lead) - Feb 10, 2011
- Rajya Sabha elections in Kerala to be held Monday - Jun 22, 2012
- Sops for diaspora in Kerala budget - Jul 08, 2011
- I will be an impartial speaker: Karthikeyan - Jun 22, 2011
- Don't change our pro-people policies, CPI-M warns Chandy - May 19, 2011