Kerala education department on eMission to BrazilMarch 17th, 2012 - 8:36 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, March 17 (IANS) A two-member team of top officials of the state education department left for Brazil Saturday to explore possibilities of collaboration between Kerala and the south American country in the education sector by recruiting about 500 teachers from here.
The team comprising M. Sivasankar, secretary, general education department and K. Anvar Sadath, executive director of IT@School Project left for Brazil via Dubai.
They were invited by Mauricio Rands, secretary of government, State of Pernambuco and elected member of the Brazilian National Parliament.
“This is in continuation of the visit of Robert Viana Batista, an entrepreneur and philanthropist from Brazil to Kerala last month. During his visit, he had informed that the Brazil government is striving to bring up the educational standards in municipal schools in Brazil for which they are planning to recruit Indian teachers with Post Graduation in Science, preferably B.Ed to teach Brazilian children,” said Sivasankar.
This project would be financed by the Brazilian government with the support of international developmental agencies like Unesco.
“For that, they require academic support for the programme from the General Education Department, especially from the IT@School Project. The process of identifying B.Ed graduates either through campus placement mode or through direct recruitment has to be co-ordinated by the Higher Education Department,” said Sadath.
In his letter to the officials here, Rands mentioned that the Brazilian federal government will also be part of this project as well as the municipalities where the pilot phase will take place.
“He also mentioned that their immediate need is to bring 100 B.Ed graduates by the end of this coming June and another 400 by the end of this coming December to Brazil,” added Sadath.
The two-member team will visit a few schools in Brazil and also meet up with educational experts there.
- Kerala teachers to get opportunity to teach in Brazil - Mar 24, 2012
- Intel donates 625 laptops for Kerala e-learning school project - Oct 02, 2011
- Kerala school project gets global recognition - Dec 02, 2010
- Differently-abled students in Kerala to be made computer literate - Nov 01, 2011
- Free animation skills for Kerala school kids - Apr 29, 2011
- Five Kerala schools get infotech upgrade - Dec 29, 2010
- Visually challenged teachers learn computers - Aug 04, 2011
- 45,000 Kerala students to be trained in IT - Dec 21, 2010
- Kerala's ICT textbook to teach audio, video technology - Feb 21, 2011
- 'New class 10 ICT textbook with animation and GIS' - Feb 27, 2012
- Kerala's IT@School Project to train Parents - Aug 14, 2011
- 4,000 Kerala schools to get high-speed net - Feb 26, 2011
- Kerala plans 140 specialized computer schools - Aug 01, 2010
- 1.50 lakh Kerala students to get animation skills - Nov 24, 2011
- IT@School to give 60,000 DVDs to school teachers in Kerala - Jul 13, 2010
Tags: academic support, anvar, brazil government, brazilian children, brazilian government, direct recruitment, education sector, educational experts, educational standards, general education department, government state, higher education department, indian teachers, member team, national parliament, philanthropist, pilot phase, post graduation, state education department, thiruvananthapuram