Kerala, Dubai body hold talks on Academic CityMarch 20th, 2012 - 2:30 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, March 20 (IANS) Talks are underway with a Dubai-based organisation to set up a state-of-the-art Academic City in Kerala, the state assembly was informed Tuesday.
The facility is being planned on the lines of the Dubai Knowledge Village, Education Minister P.K. Abdu Rabb said in response to a question raised by Congress legislators M.P.Vincent and V.D. Satheesan.
“This proposed Academic ity would see various courses that would be run by numerous foreign universities. The course curriculum and the faculty would be coming from the various Universities and it would offer courses that are generally not offered by the universities in the state,” said Rabb.
Incidentally, the students who are expected to take admission to these courses would come from abroad, besides from within the state and the country.
“An official delegation from the state is expected to visit the Dubai Knowledge Village to have a firsthand information of what is happening there. Similar institutions like the one planned here are there in the USA and England,” said Rabb.
- Amrita launches free tution programme (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Amrita University's free online tution programme launched - Mar 27, 2012
- Controversy over dress circular to Kerala teachers - Jul 03, 2012
- More trouble for Achuthanandan's son - Oct 21, 2011
- Achuthanandan's son faces suspension - Oct 26, 2011
- Need for Kerala to reform higher education: Experts - Sep 14, 2012
- Chandy expands cabinet, inducts 13 more ministers - May 23, 2011
- Kerala to launch virtual classrooms in 34 ITIs - May 14, 2012
- Congress presents proof against Achuthanandan's son - Feb 24, 2011
- Bihar transfers land for AMU centre - Dec 30, 2011
- St Vincent and the Grenadines celebrates its Indian heritage - Jun 02, 2012
- Lottery scam: Opposition drags in Achuthanandan's son - Feb 22, 2011
- India, Canada to promote cooperation in mining, culture, education - Jun 28, 2010
- Kerala to press for voting rights of diaspora - Jul 17, 2009
- IGNOU spreads wings in Africa via tele-education - Sep 10, 2010
Tags: abdu, admission, congress, course curriculum, delegation, dubai knowledge village, education minister, england, institutions, ity, legislators, rabb, state assembly, state of the art, universities